Landing the career-defining role in one of the best-selling film series of Hollywood, The Fast and the Furious, Vin Diesel has won MTV Movie Award for best on-screen duo in 2014. Besides, he also won Online Film Critics Society Award (1999) and CinemaCon Award (2011). Diesel dropped out of college to create his debut film, Multi-Facial, which screened at the Cannes Film Festical in 1995. His recognizably deep voice helped him voice successfully the character Groot in the 2014 film Guardians of the Galaxy.
Vin Diesel was born in California along with his fraternal twin brother, Paul Vincent. His mother, Delora Sherleen, is a psychologist who encouraged him to make his own movie and his adoptive father, Irving H. Vincent is an acting instructor and theater manager. At age seventeen and already sporting a well-honed physique, he became a bouncer at some of New York's hippest clubs to earn himself some extra money. It was at this time that he changed his name to Vin Diesel. After high school, he enrolled in Hunter College, but then dropped out to go to Hollywood to further his acting career.
He dated his co-star in Fast and the Furious, Michelle Rodriguez in 2001. After they broke up, he fell in love with a Mexican model, Paloma Jimenez, and have three children: daughter Hania Riley, son Vincent Sinclair, and daughter Pauline.
The meaning of the name Diesel:
Diminutive Form Of Matthias Or Dietrich
Born NameMark Sinclair Vincent
Nick NameDiesel, Bouncer, Dom
EducationVin Diesel studied Theater from Hunter College, New York, USA.
OccupationActor, director, producer and screenwriter
ManagerVin Diesel is signed to Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Race / EthnicityMultiracial,,,,
- Bald head
- Deep voice
- Muscular physique
Best Known ForHis role in “The Fast and The Furious” series, in which Vin Diesel has acted in almost all parts – including – 1st, 3rd (guest appearance), 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th part.
Brand EndorsementsHe has appeared in the print ad of Timex watches during 1999-2000.,Vin has appeared in numerous TV commercials about NOS Energy Drink, Nike, Got Milk? and others.
First FilmVin first appeared in drama film Awakenings in 1990 for his uncredited role as Orderly.
- Favorite Food – Italian
- Favorite Car – Corvette
- Favorite Music – Latin, Techno
Vin Diesel Quotes
It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed.
With age, you get to a place where you don't want to knock people out. You just want to give people a hug.
It's insecurity that is always chasing you and standing in the way of your dreams.
If you're the type of person who has to fulfill your dreams, you've gotta be resourceful to make sure you can do it. I came out to California when I was 21, thinking my New York credentials would take me all the way. I came back home a year later all dejected and a failure.
It's hard for me to talk about Dom right now because I am Dom right now. So it's a really strange exercise to try to reflect on something that I am at the moment. But I guarantee you that when I'm done with the movie and you ask me that question, I'll be able to give you something insightful.
Vin Diesel News
The promotion for Vin Diesel‘s anticipated film xXx: Return of Xander Cage has officially kicked off!
Facts about Vin Diesel
- Vin has his own production company called One Race and he convinced film studio Universal to instead give him full rights to the character Riddick. Vin Diesel's net worth is $75 million.
- In August 2013, Diesel received an honorary star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. His girlfriend and children made a rare appearance.
- Diesel is a father and has two children. He has a daughter, Hania Riley (born 2008), and a son Vincent (2010) with his girlfriend, Mexican model Paloma Jimenez.
- Vin Diesel was offered the role of Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the 2003 action movie Daredevil that ended up going to Ben Affleck.
- In 2007, Diesel was set to produce and star as Agent 47 in the film adaptation of the video game Hitman, but eventually pulled back and served as executive producer on the film instead.
- Vin Diesel gained 35 pounds so he could portray Fat Jackie in Find Me Guilty (2006). Although he received critical acclaim for his performance, the film did poorly at the box office.
- In 2005, he played a lighthearted role in the comedy film The Pacifier, which became a box office success.
- While on the set of The Fast and the Furious, he began dating co-star Michelle Rodriguez.
- Diesel started the video game company Tigon Studios in 2002. They in turn worked on the movie based game The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (2004). Tigon Studios is now working on more next gen games as well as having a hand in all Vin Diesel-based games.
- Diesel attained action hero stardom with two box office hits: the street racing action film The Fast and the Furious (2001), and the action thriller xXx (2002).