Facts about Taylor Swift
- Taylor owns a Dassault Falcon 900 private jet and an airport hangar at Nashville. She owns an eight-bedroom summer home in coastal Watch Hill, Rhode Island. Swift bought a four-bedroom mansion in Belle Meade, Tennessee for her parents. Swift lives between a three-bedroom duplex penthouse in Midtown Nashville, Tennessee and a three-bedroom cottage in Beverly Hills, California.
- She has released 4 albums, Taylor Swift, Speak Now, Fearless and Red. According to Forbes's Celebrity 100 list, released annually in the month of May, Swift earned $18 million in 2009, $45 million in 2010,$45 million in 2011,$57 million in 2012 and $55 million in 2013.
- In 2013, she became the second person (and first woman) to receive the Country Music Association's Pinnacle Award.
- She has received two Golden Globe Award nominations.
- She has 7 Grammy Awards, 11 American Music Awards, and 6 Country Music Association Awards.
- In 2013 she appeared in an episode of The New Girl.
- In 2012, First Lady Michelle Obama presented Swift with The Big Help Award for her "dedication to helping others" and "inspiring others through action”.
- In 2012 she voice acted the character of Audrey in The Lorax.
- In 2009 Taylor Swift made country music history by selling more digital downloads than any other country artist, ever. She sold over 20 million hits worldwide.
- Taylor is the first country singer to win an MTV Video Music Award. Her video "You Belong with Me" won the Best Female Video award in 2009
- She played a rebellious teen in an episode of CSI in 2009.
- Swift opposes LGBT discrimination. Following the 2008 murder of Lawrence King, she recorded a Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network PSA to combat hate crimes.
- Swift enjoyed both reading and writing poetry and was particularly drawn to the works of Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss when she was growing up.
- Taylor lived on a Christmas tree farm in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
- Taylor Swift was the first 'Saturday Night Live' host to ever write their own monologue. She chose to write a song for the event called 'My Monologue Song' that included jabs at Joe Jonas and Kanye West, plus a kiss for Taylor Lautner, whom she was dating at the time.
- Taylor knew she need to go to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her musical dreams after watch a Behind the Music special on Faith Hill. She and her family moved to Nashville when she was 14-years-old.
- At 11-years-old she won a local talent competition singing LeAnn Rimes' "Big Deal"
- She is very musical. She can play guitar, banjo, piano, ukulele and electric guitar.
- A computer repairman taught her how to play three chords on the guitar when she was 12, and this inspired her to writer her first song "Lucky You”.
- Some of her nicknames are Tay, T-Swift, Swifty, T-Swizzle, T-Sweezy.
Taylor Swift News
US Election Day: Celebrities including Taylor Swift, Kate Hudson, Justin Theroux, Miley Cyrus and more cast their votes
Animal attraction! Taylor Swift takes a walk on the wild side in a leopard print coat as she shows off her toned legs for a late night stroll