Taylor Swift –How did we fall in love with her?
Taylor Swift is an American singer who is known for her gorgeous voice and beautiful songs. Up until now, Taylor has received many awards such as 10 Grammy Awards, 19 American Music Awards or 23 Billboard Music Awards. Beside all of the honors about singing she received, Taylor impresses people by the way she lives her life.
Through her career, it is not difficult to see her determination and passion for the path that she has chosen. At the age of nine, since Taylor had interest for musical theater, she had to travel to New York for her acting and singing classes. Despite the distance of over 130 kilometers, this passionate girl still attended these classes on a regular basis. It is true to say that Taylor has a strong love for music. Within the year, Taylor decided to change her focus to country music after listening to Shania Twain’s songs. When Taylor was 10 year olds, she entered a competition where winner would have a chance to work with professional musicians. No matter how hard she tried, she would end up failing to claim first place. By 11, Taylor had successfully won the competition and had a chance to open for Charlie Daniel. Later, Taylor moved to Tennessee with her mom in order to pursue the dream of becoming a country singer. In Tennessee, Taylor sent her demos to many famous record labels in hope of finding a record deal for herself. With the determination she had, Taylor went to every record label that she could find and handed them a copy of her demo. Unluckily, no one gave her a try. Failing to meet her dream, Taylor and her mother had to move back to their home town, but little did they know, Taylor’s career began to take off in her very own home. At the age of 13, Taylor landed her first record deal with Dan Dymtrow - Britney Spears’ manager – after singing National Anthem in the U.S Open Tennis Tournament held in Pennsylvania. Years of practicing and trying had been paid off when Taylor Swift became the princess of country music.
Taylor is also known as ‘girl of steel” since no one has ever seen her being dragged down by anything. During her work life, this talented young girl has run upon a great deal of criticism from netizens about her songs and her personal love life. As a songwriter, Taylor wants to convey every of her feeling into her songs so that the listeners can feel the music, not just hear the music. However, her music style does not please everyone. When giving a speech for Best Female Video “You Belong with Me”, Kanye West went on the stage just to say that Taylor did not deserve the award. In 2014, the princess of country decided to set her foot on the field of pop. The first pop single she released was “Shake it off”, a response from Taylor to her haters. Despite the catchy tune and meanningful lyrics, many people described the song as a mistake and told Taylor to stick with what she knows. Instead of giving up, the country superstar continued to develop her passion her pop music. Not long after that Taylor claimed her place as a queen of pop to prove that she was able to sing any types of music she wanted. Her music was not the only thing that was discussed over the Internet; her love life was also a controversial issue. Taylor has implied that she had a “long list of ex-lovers” in one of her songs. Over the period of 13 years, Taylor has fallen in love with 12 people. As a result, the topic of who would be the next one and how they would break-up came up in many forums. Besides, Taylor had a habit of talking about her ex-lover in her new album (and to be honest, all of the songs about her love life could easily claim first place in every charts for weeks), which could bring more materials for the public to talk about. A lot of people said bad things about her living style; however, the pop queen wrote a song named “Shake it off” to response to all the people who cared too much about her personal life. The song was strong message saying she would never break down from all the hatred harbored to her.
Beside music, Taylor devotes to our world in many ways such as creating a fund or doing unpaid community services. In 2015 only, Taylor has donated nearly $260,000 to help students, fans who were in need. Specifically, the pop queen sent $50,000 to a young fan girl of hers, Naomi, who was, at that time, struggling with cancer. This twenty-six-year-old star also posted Naomi’s funding site so that her fans could help to support Naomi. Moreover, nearly $2000 was sent in order to help a fan who could not afford her own tuition fee. These deeds proved that Taylor cared about her fans more than anything in the world and she really hoped her fans to be fulfilled one way or the other. Every once in a while, Taylor would visit and sing for children who were suffering from illness. When answering question about the young patients’ attitude after seeing Taylor, nurses in Boston Hospital claimed: “Their spirits have been lifted incredibly.” Taylor also participated in “READ” campaign, a program which promotes literacy. She was opened to share some of her favorite books as a child and emphasized how important literacy was. With all of the good deeds mentioned above, we can say that this twenty-five-year-old singer is trying her best to devote anything she has to the world.
Taylor Swift is known not only for the talents that she owns, she gains people’s attention for all the hard-work and good deeds that she does. More than that, she has proved to the world that she is a strong, dedicated woman.
Taylor Alison Swift
Swifty, Aly, Tails, T, Tayter Tot, TayTay, T-Swift, The Poet Laureate of Puberty, T-Fugly, T-Swizzle, Tay
Taylor Swift went Wyndcroft School and at 9, she attended West Reading Elementary Centerand Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School, Pennsylvania, USA.
Swift also attended Hendersonville High School in Tennessee, USA for freshman and sophomore years. She had a busy touring schedule and due to that, she decided to shift to homeschooling. For that, she joined a private Christian school, Aaron Academy and opted for their homeschooling services. Taylor, then, completed her remaining two years (junior, and senior) in just 1 year and earned her diploma in 2008.
Singer, songwriter, philanthropist and occasional actress
- Father – Scott Kingsley Swift (Merrill Lynch financial adviser)
- Mother – Andrea Finlay (Homemaker) (Previously worked as a mutual fund marketing executive)
- Siblings – Austin Swift (Brother)
Swift is signed with these agencies –
- WME Talent Agency
- Richard De La Font Agency
- World Entertainment Talent Agency
Country, pop rock, pop, country pop
Vocals, guitars (acoustic, electric, banjo), piano, ukulele
Taylor Swift dated –
- Patrick Schwarzenegger – (Rumor) American model and entrepreneur
- Tim Tebow – (Rumor) American Football Player for New York Jets of National Football League (NFL)
- Zac Efron – (Rumor) American actor and singer.
- Joe Jonas (July 2008 – October 2008) – Taylor and Joe dated briefly in 2008. Taylor wrote a song about their relationship, “Forever & Always”, “Last Kiss” and “Better than Revenge”. Joe broke up with her over the phone in late 2008.
- Lucas Till (2009) – Younger than Swift, actor Lucas Till started dating her in April 2009. The two of these first met on the set of 2009 movie Hannah Montana: The Movie. Lucas is also present in the music video of Swift’s song “You Belong With Me”. They separated in September 2009.
- Taylor Lautner (2009) – On the set of 2010 movie Valentine’s Day, the two Taylors met each other in September 2009 and started dating. After dating briefly, they separated in December 2009. Swift also wrote two songs dedicated to Lautner, viz. “Back to December” and “Begin Again”.
- Cory Monteith (2010) – Swift was RUMORed to had fling with Canadian actor Cory Monteith in January 2010.
- John Mayer (2010) – After meeting at Grammy Awards 2009, the singers became an item for more than a month from July to August 2010. She wrote a song “Dear John” about him.
- Toby Hemingway (2010) – After separating from John Mayer, she dated English actor Toby for couple of months until October 2010. They met during the filming of Swift’s music video “Mine”.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2010) – Soon after, she dated actor Gyllenhaal for couple of months until December 2010. He is roughly 9 years older than her.
- Connor Kennedy (May 2012 – September 2012) – American socialite, who is 4 and a half years younger to Swift, dated from May to September, 2012.
- Harry Styles (November 2012 – 2013) – Both the singers started dating in mid November 2012. He is also 4 years younger than Swift. The duo ended their relationship on January 5, 2013.
- Bradley Cooper (2013) – RUMOR
- Thomas Odell (2013) – RUMOR
- Matthew Gray Gubler (2013) – RUMOR
- Brenton Thwaites (2013) – RUMOR
- Alexander Skarsgård (2013) – RUMOR
- Douglas Booth (2013) – RUMOR
- Calvin Harris (2015-2016) – In March 2015, Taylor started dating Scottish Disc Jockey, Calvin Harris. They decided to split after spending 15 months together on May 29, 2016. It was confirmed by People.
- Tom Hiddleston (2016) – From June 2016 to September 2016, she dated British actor, Tom Hiddleston.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Red lips
- Glittery guitars
- Cowboy boots
- Her songs generally tells the story, mostly about her exes.
Elizabeth Arden (2011), Jakks Pacific (2008), L.E.I. jeans (2008), Wal-Mart (2007), Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Music Campaign (2007), American Greetings, Inc, Target, CoverGirl, Sony, Got Milk?
Best Known For
Her glittery guitars, and her fearless album (2nd Album) released in 2008.
She was previously known for her cowboy boots as well.
On October 24, 2006, Taylor Swift’s debut album was released in her own name, i.e. Taylor Swift.‘Tim McGraw’ was a lead single from Taylor Swift album.
Taylor’ first film is Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience in 2009 for her cameo role as herself.
Also, in 2009, she appeared in Hannah Montana: The Movie as cameo.
But, in 2010, she appeared in Valentine’s Day for her role as Felicia Miller (and not cameo).
Taylor Swift likes to do running on treadmill and has no personal trainer. She likes to do a lot of cardio to stay fit. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Taylor Swift Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cheesecake
- Favorite TV Programs – CSI (2000), Law and Order (1990-2010)
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Bands – Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Leann Rimes, Shania Twain, One Direction
- Favorite Movies – Love Actually (2003), Legally Blonde (2001)
- Favorite Hobby – Driving Fast
- Favorite Song – What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction)
- Favorite Place – Kansas and Australia
- Favorite Meal – Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Celebrity – Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite Music – Katy Perry, Tom Petty, Keith Urban, John Mayer
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TaylorSwift
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/taylorswift/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/taylorswift13
Taylor Swift Quotes
In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.
If you cry over a guy, then your friends can't date him. It can't even be considered.
You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you'd experience. You have rejection and you have learn how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.
I've got my Grammys on top of my piano and I look at them when I play.
If you're yelling you're the one who's lost control of the conversation.
Taylor Swift News
US Election Day: Celebrities including Taylor Swift, Kate Hudson, Justin Theroux, Miley Cyrus and more cast their votes
Facts about Taylor Swift
- Taylor owns a Dassault Falcon 900 private jet and an airport hangar at Nashville. She owns an eight-bedroom summer home in coastal Watch Hill, Rhode Island. Swift bought a four-bedroom mansion in Belle Meade, Tennessee for her parents. Swift lives between a three-bedroom duplex penthouse in Midtown Nashville, Tennessee and a three-bedroom cottage in Beverly Hills, California.
- She has released 4 albums, Taylor Swift, Speak Now, Fearless and Red. According to Forbes's Celebrity 100 list, released annually in the month of May, Swift earned $18 million in 2009, $45 million in 2010,$45 million in 2011,$57 million in 2012 and $55 million in 2013.
- In 2013, she became the second person (and first woman) to receive the Country Music Association's Pinnacle Award.
- She has received two Golden Globe Award nominations.
- She has 7 Grammy Awards, 11 American Music Awards, and 6 Country Music Association Awards.
- In 2013 she appeared in an episode of The New Girl.
- In 2012, First Lady Michelle Obama presented Swift with The Big Help Award for her "dedication to helping others" and "inspiring others through action”.
- In 2012 she voice acted the character of Audrey in The Lorax.
- In 2009 Taylor Swift made country music history by selling more digital downloads than any other country artist, ever. She sold over 20 million hits worldwide.
- Taylor is the first country singer to win an MTV Video Music Award. Her video "You Belong with Me" won the Best Female Video award in 2009