Facts about Shakira
- She owns homes in the Bahamas; Miami; Barranquilla, Colombia; and Barcelona, Spain.
- Shakira is 5′ 2″, while Pique is 6′ 4″.
- Returned to work two months after giving birth to her son Milan in order to begin coaching on "The Voice".
- Shakira revealed in March 2011 that she is in a relationship with Spanish footballer Gerard Pique, who is ten years her junior. Shakira and Gerard Pique share the same birthday, February 2nd. The couple welcomed their baby boy Milan to the world on January 22, 2013.
- Shakira met Gerard Pique in 2010 when he appeared in her video for "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", the official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Shakira received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2011.
- Shakira was invited to The White House by President Obama in 2010 to discuss early childhood development and in 2011 was appointed as a member of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
- She has made cameo appearances on Ugly Betty and Wizards of Waverly Place, both times playing herself.
- Her record label Sony maintsays Shakira is the biggest selling Colombian artist of all time, with sales between 50 to 60 million albums.
- She is not fond of wearing jewelry.
- Auctioned off more than 40 stage costumes she wore on her 2007 Oral Fixation tour on Website eBay Giving Works to raise funds for her "Bare Feet Foundation", a leading project to build a school for impoverished kids in Colombia (February 2008).
- Shakira began dating the son of the then president of Argentina, Antonio de la Rúa in 2000. However, in 2011, after 11 years together, the couple announced their plans to separate.
- Shakira is a smarty-pants with an IQ of 140. The average is 100.
- Her favorite colors are black and white. Her favorite bands are The Police and U2 whose song, "With or Without You," is her most favorite tune. Her favorite food is mojarra fried with patacon, Arabian food, seafood, and chocolate balls. Her favorite book is Khalil Gibran's "The Prophet," while her favorite author is Oriana Falacci. Her favorite actor is Hugh Grant. Shakira loves chocolate but is not fond of candy. She likes to play golf, tennis, basketball and swimming.
- She is a huge fan of Gloria Estefan and appreciates what she has done for Latin music.
- If she wasn't a singer, she would like to be a psychologist or an astronomer.
- She is immortalized with a 5-meter (16-foot) iron statue in her home city on Colombia's Caribbean coast.
- Teamed up with fellow Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez to launch a child poverty foundation, "America Latina en Accion Solidaria" or Latin America in Solidarity Action, aimed at fighting poverty in Latin America (December 2006).
- She's fluent in Portuguese, Italian, English, Spanish and Arabic.
- She was granted Humanitarian award on April 3, 2006 for starting a charitable foundation, Barefoot, to help children in her native Colombia escape violence.
Shakira looks effortlessly chic as she jets into Miami with handsome beau Gerard Pique and their sons