Facts about Selena Gomez
- She has worked with the charity called 'Raise Hope for Congo' which helps raise awareness about the violence against Congolese women.
- She won the MTV Video Music Award in the category Best Pop Video for "Come and Get It" in 2013.
- Selena’s net worth is reported to be around $10 million.
- In 2011, Gomez and teenage pop star Justin Bieber confirmed they were an item. The couple was dubbed "Jelena" by the media, and were noted as being a teen power couple. They made their first public appearance at the Vanity Fair Oscar party in February of 2011. Justin Bieber booked the entire Staples Center in L.A. for a screening of the movie Titanic... just for the two of them, in 2011. The couple have been on and off. They broke up in 2013, but recent media reports from TMZ (January 8, 2014) say the couple were spotted camping suggesting they might still be an item.
- Selena’s clothing line “Dream Out Loud” launched on July 15, 2010.
- In 2009, Gomez actually became the youngest UNICEF Ambassador in the history of the organization.
- Selena likes hip-hop and punk music. Selena is an avid surfer and skater.
- Selena used to wear a purity ring that said “true love waits,” but it has since disappeared from her finger once she started dating Justin Bieber.
- Gomez is good friends with fellow pop singer Taylor Swift.
- Selena Gomez protects her voice by drinking olive oil!
- Selena had her first kiss when she was 12 years old with Dylan Sprouse.
- Before starring in her first lead role as Alex Russo on Disney Channel's "The Wizards of Waverly Place," Gomez appeared on "Hannah Montana." She played Mikayla, Hannah's pop star rival.
- For her 2011 music video "Love You Like a Love Song", Gomez had horses spray-painted pink. This led to accusations from PETA and singer Pink about the treatment of the animals.
- In October 2008, Gomez launched her own production company, July Moon Productions, and partnered with XYZ Films.
- Gomez admitted she wasn't a fan of magic nor the "Harry Potter" franchise. She said this before she got her big break in "The Wizards of Waverly Place."
- Selena made her television debut at age 7, on Barney and Friends, where she met her best friend, Demi Lovato.
- Selena’s favourite color is green. Some of her nicknames include: Sel, Selly, Selenita and Conchita.
- She got her elementary education from Danny Jones Middle School located in Texas.
- Selena’s full name is Selena Marie Gomez. She is an only child and was born in Grand Prairie. Texas on July 22, 1992. Her name ‘Selena’ means Moon in Greek. Selena is of Mexican and Italian descent.
Selena Gomez News
Together again! Disney costars Selena Gomez and David Henrie reunite in Selena's very first Instagram Story
'Gift of kindness!' Selena Gomez visits a children's medical centre in her home state of Texas on Christmas Eve