Facts about Rihanna
- She was one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World (2012).
- She’s dabbled in fashion. She has been a spokesmodel for high end designer brand Gucci. In February 2013, Rihanna presented her first women's spring fashion collection at London Fashion Week for British street fashion brand River Island, collaborating with her personal stylist Adam Selman.
- From December 2009 to 2010, Rihanna dated Los Angeles Dodgers baseball star Matt Kemp, then Canadian rapper Drake. In a January 2013 interview with Rolling Stone, Rihanna confirmed that she had rekindled her relationship with Chris Brown and they broke up again.
- Rihanna boasts a total of seven wax figurines at the famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museums around the world. They are located in Berlin, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Washington D.C., London, Sydney, and Vienna. Rihanna's total net-worth is an estimated $90 million.
- She starred in her first feature film debut in 2012's 'Battleship' which will also starred Liam Neeson and 'True Blood' star Alexander Skarsgard.
- Rihanna also has her own fragrance line that includes “Nude” and “Rebelle.”
- Her tumultuous relationship with Chris Brown resulted in her assaulting her in February 2009. She was scheduled to perform at the 51st Grammy Awards but it was cancelled. She didn't speak about the incident until nine months later, when she broke her silence on ABC to Diane Sawyer. "This happened to me…It can happen to anyone," the singer had said. Rihanna went through a difficult time with her father and refused to speak to him after he sold information to the press about after her incident with Chris Brown, but the two have since reconciled the relationship.
- In 2007, she was made the official face of tourism for Barbados and she now holds the honorary title of Ambassador for Culture and Youth. In February 21, 2008, Barbados created a national holiday to honor Rihanna. As a thank you present, she put on a free concert for her fans.
- Rihanna won Gillette’s Venus Breeze ”Celebrity Legs of a Goddess” award in 2007. Right after that, she insured her legs for $1 million.
- Rihanna created her Believe Foundation in 2006 to help terminally ill children. "When I was young and I would watch television and I would see all the children suffering, I always said when I grow up I want to help," the singer told People magazine in March 2008.
- She also made a musical cameo in All My Children.
- She won her first Grammy for her song “Umbrella,” a collaboration with Jay-Z. Her second Grammy was for “Run This Town” with Jay-Z and Kanye West.
- Rihanna's first number one hit was "S.O.S (Rescue Me)". She hasn’t stopped since then.
- She toured with Gwen Stefani to promote her debut album Music of the Sun.
- Her first single “Pon De Replay” hit the Top Five in the Billboard Chart. Jay Z was concerned that Pon De Replay was so big that it would be the only song she was known for. Luckily, he was wrong.
- Rihanna was falsely rumored to be having an affair with Jay-Z who was dating Beyonce at the time. The rumors were fortunately not true, and they also gave her a ton of attention when she was first breaking out on the scene.
- She recorded a demo tape which was sent to several record labels. Once she auditioned for Jay-Z, the president of Def Jam Records, he signed her on. She was 16 at the time and had moved to New York .
- Her big break came in 2003 when she introduced to music producer Evan Rogers through mutual friends, who was vacationing in Barbados with his wife at the time. Rihanna went to audition for him with two of her classmates. He tells Entertainment Weekly, "The minute Rihanna walked into the room, it was like the other two girls didn't exist." She ended up leaving Barbados and moving to Connecticut with Rogers and his wife to try and jumpstart her career.
- Rihanna attended Combermere High School in Barbados. In 2004, Rihanna won the Miss Combermere school beauty pageant.
- She was never called Rihanna until she became a big star. Rihanna is actually her middle name, her full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty. She was born on February 20, 1988 in St. Michael, Barbados. Rihanna's father, Ronald Fenty, is an Irish Barbadian and her mother, Monica Braithwaite, is Afro-Guyanese. She has two younger brothers Rorrey and Rajad.
She can stand under her umbrella-ella-ella! Rihanna stays dry in the downpour as she prepares to shoot scenes on the set of Ocean's Eight