Robyn Rihanna Fenty, commonly known as Rihanna, is a Barbadian singer, actress, songwriter and fashion designer. She released her debut album Music of the Sun in 2005, then had her big breakthrough with the 2007 album Good Girl Gone Bad, which featured the #1 hit "Umbrella." Her 2012 album Unapologetic reached #1 on the Billboard 200. Across her career, she has sold over 40 million albums.
She would sell clothes in a street stall with her dad, who was addicted to crack cocaine. Her singing career began upon meeting record producer Evan Rogers in late 2003 through mutual friends. Both her debut album Music of the Sun (2005) and A Girl Like Me (2006) peaked in the top ten on the US Billboard 200.
Rihanna and her 2 younger brothers were born to Barbadian and Guyanese parents, Ronald Fenty and Monica Fenty. In 2016, she began dating Drake, whom she'd previously dated in 2009.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rihanna
Twitter : https://twitter.com/rihanna
Instagram : https://instagram.com/badgalriri/
Born NameRobyn Rihanna Fenty
Nick NameRiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, Bajan beauty
EducationRihanna attended Charles F. Broome Memorial School for her primary education in Barbados and then she joined Combermere High School, Waterford, St. Michael, Barbados in 2004 where she formed a musical trio with two of her classmates at the age of fifteen.
OccupationRecording artist and actress
- Father – Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)
- Mother – Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant)
- Siblings – Rorrey (Brother), Rajad Fenty (Brother), Samantha Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Kandy Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Jamie Fenty (Paternal Half-Brother)
- Each of her half-siblings were born to different mothers.
ManagerShe is signed with these agencies –,The Fame Factory,Roc Nation,Richard De La Font Agency
- Rihanna dated many people in the past, which includes Matt Kemp (baseball player), Drake (Actor, Singer and rapper), Shia LaBeouf (Actor, Comedian, Film Director, Music Video Director), etc. But, she dated Chris Brown from 2007 until early 2013.
- She also dated –
- Asap Rocky (2013) – She had fling with American rapper Asap Rocky in 2013.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2015) – In 2015, Rihanna was seen partying with American actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. They spent the Valentine’s Day of 2015 together and he helped her in her birthday party, just a week later.
- Karim Benzema (2015) – In June 2015, she had fling with French professional footballer, Karim Benzema.
- Lewis Hamilton (2015) – From July 2015 to September 2015, Rihanna dated British Formula One racing driver, Lewis Hamilton.
- Travis Scott (2015) – In October 2015, she had fling with American rapper Travis Scott.
Race / EthnicityMultiracial,She has Afro-Guyanese ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Barbadian and Irish descent on her father’s side.
- Bajan accent
Best Known ForInternational R&B star singer Rihanna released her first album in 2005 and is known for such hits as Umbrella, Pon de Replay, SOS and Disturbia.
Brand EndorsementsIn 2007, Rihanna appeared in a TV commercial for CoverGirl (Canada).,Rihanna was seen in a PUMA commercial.,She has appeared in print ads for CoverGirl’ cosmetics.,Later in 2011, she was seen in print ads for Nivea Lotions and skincare products.
First Album“Music of the Sun” in 2005. It also stood at the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart.
First Film2006 film “Bring It On: All or Nothing” as Herself. This is just her cameo appearance.
- Favorite TV Programs – Entourage
- Favorite Food – Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and Cheesecake, otherwise
- Favorite Hangout Spot in Barbados – Boatyard
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Zac Posen and Dsquared
- Favorite Song – “On A Girl Like Me, We Ride”
- Favorite Bands – Paramore
- Favorite Colors – Pink, Red, Black, Green
I am a child but I have to think and act like a woman, this business forces you to.
The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently.
When I cut my hair, the whole sound changed, my style changed.
Over the holidays, and even during filming, I realized that I actually like my body, even if it's not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy. For the first time, I don't want to get rid of the curves. I just want to tone it up. My body is comfortable, and it's not unhealthy, so I'm going to rock with it.
I'm crazy and I don't pretend to be anything else.
She can stand under her umbrella-ella-ella! Rihanna stays dry in the downpour as she prepares to shoot scenes on the set of Ocean's Eight
Facts about Rihanna
- She was one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World (2012).
- She’s dabbled in fashion. She has been a spokesmodel for high end designer brand Gucci. In February 2013, Rihanna presented her first women's spring fashion collection at London Fashion Week for British street fashion brand River Island, collaborating with her personal stylist Adam Selman.
- From December 2009 to 2010, Rihanna dated Los Angeles Dodgers baseball star Matt Kemp, then Canadian rapper Drake. In a January 2013 interview with Rolling Stone, Rihanna confirmed that she had rekindled her relationship with Chris Brown and they broke up again.
- Rihanna boasts a total of seven wax figurines at the famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museums around the world. They are located in Berlin, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Washington D.C., London, Sydney, and Vienna. Rihanna's total net-worth is an estimated $90 million.
- She starred in her first feature film debut in 2012's 'Battleship' which will also starred Liam Neeson and 'True Blood' star Alexander Skarsgard.
- Rihanna also has her own fragrance line that includes “Nude” and “Rebelle.”
- Her tumultuous relationship with Chris Brown resulted in her assaulting her in February 2009. She was scheduled to perform at the 51st Grammy Awards but it was cancelled. She didn't speak about the incident until nine months later, when she broke her silence on ABC to Diane Sawyer. "This happened to me…It can happen to anyone," the singer had said. Rihanna went through a difficult time with her father and refused to speak to him after he sold information to the press about after her incident with Chris Brown, but the two have since reconciled the relationship.
- In 2007, she was made the official face of tourism for Barbados and she now holds the honorary title of Ambassador for Culture and Youth. In February 21, 2008, Barbados created a national holiday to honor Rihanna. As a thank you present, she put on a free concert for her fans.
- Rihanna won Gillette’s Venus Breeze ”Celebrity Legs of a Goddess” award in 2007. Right after that, she insured her legs for $1 million.
- Rihanna created her Believe Foundation in 2006 to help terminally ill children. "When I was young and I would watch television and I would see all the children suffering, I always said when I grow up I want to help," the singer told People magazine in March 2008.