Nicki Minaj is a Trinidadian-born American rapper who is best known for her singles 'Super Bass' and 'Anaconda' and her acting appearances in 'Ice Age: Continental Drift' and 'The Other Woman'. Nicki Minaj, who has been compared to her mentor Lil Wayne, has an animated rapping style. The New York Times called Minaj "a sparkling rapper with a gift for comic accents and unexpected turns of phrase. She's a walking exaggeration, outsize in sound, personality and look." She was named Female Artist of the Year at the 2008 Underground Music Awards and also won Best Female Hip-Hop Artist at the 2010 BET Awards. At the 2013 People's Choice Awards, Nicki was crowned Favorite Hip-Hop Artist.
Nicki Minaj was born to her parents Robert Maraj and Carol Maraj. Nicki admitted that her upbringing lacked discipline, which made her "seek out and practice self-discipline". During her elementary education, she used to play the clarinet in school. In Manhattan, Minaj successfully auditioned for admission to study acting at LaGuardia High School, which focuses on visual and performing arts. After graduation, Minaj wanted to become an actress, and was cast in an Off-Broadway play in 2001, she failed to take off her career though. At the age of 19, Nicki, at that time worked as a waitress and also tried many other jobs such as administrative assistant and office manager for a Wall Street business.
Recently Nicki has engaged to rapper Meek Mill on April 16. Before anouncing their engagement, Nicki was in a long relationship with Safaree Samuels.
Born NameOnika Tanya Maraj
Nick NameNicki Lewinski, The Harajuku Barbie, Nicki The Ninja, Nicki The Harajuku Barbie,
EducationShe attended Elizabeth Blackwell Middle School 210. Nicki graduated from LaGuardia High School where she learnt singing.
OccupationRapper and singer-songwriter
ManagerNicki Minaj is signed to these agencies –,Category 5 Entertainment, Inc.,The Blueprint Group
- Father – Robert Maraj (Financial Executive and occasional gospel singer)
- Mother – Carol Maraj
- Siblings – Brandon Lamar (Brother), Micaiah Maraj (Brother), Jelani Maraj (Brother), Ming Maraj (Sister)
GenreHip hop, R&B, pop
LabelsYoung Money, Cash Money, Republic Records
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Nicki Minaj dated –
- Safaree Samuels (March 2000-2014) – Nicki first met Safaree when both of them were in the band Hood$tars and they started dating from that time in 2000. The duo dated ON and OFF since that time. They engaged in 2011, which was confirmed by vibevixen.com. They finally parted ways in 2014.
- Aubrey Graham (2010-2011) – RUMOR
- Lil’ Wayne (2011) – RUMOR
- Meek Mill (2014-Present) – In October 2014, she started dating another American rapper, Meek Mill. They believed to have engaged in April 2015.
Race / EthnicityMultiracial,She has African and Asian Indian ancestry.
- Outlandish costumes, wigs, and cosmetics
- Busty figure
- Often wears Pink lipstick
Brand EndorsementsMinaj has appeared in print ads for O.P.I. nail polishes and MAC lip glosses.,She has also endorsed Pepsi.
Best Known ForPink Lipstick, Different style, and color of wigs, Blue Eye shadow, butt
First AlbumPink Friday, released on November 19, 2010. It consists of 13 singles making it a total of 50:13 minutes long.
First Film2012 film Ice Age: Continental Drift. This is an animated film, so she has given her voice for her role as Steffie.
- Favorite Food – Popeyes Chicken, Boneless Stew Chicken, Kit Kats and Twix
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Accessories – Costume Stores
- Favorite Movies – Gladiator, Set It Off
Nicki Minaj Quotes
When you're a girl, you have to be everything, You have to be dope at what you do, but you have to be super sweet, and you have to be sexy, and you have to be this and you have to be that and you have to be nice, and you have to - it's like, I can't be all of those things at once. I'm a human being.
People face difficulties, no matter who you are. I faced difficulties with a lot of things. I face opposition every day, but I didn't kill myself and now, thank God, I'm here.
I want to show little girls that the possibilities are endless. That's my goal - to not only do it for myself, but to show them I can do whatever I put my mind to.
You should never feel afraid to become a piece of art. It's exhilarating.
So, my happiness doesn't come from money or fame. My happiness comes from seeing life without struggle.
Nicki Minaj News
Facts about Nicki Minaj
- She helped raise $250 million for people with AIDS with her Viva Glam lipstick.
- In March 2012, Minaj made a guest appearance on the popular television competition American Idol.
- Minaj reached a national audience with her 2012 Super Bowl appearance. She performed alongside pop superstar Madonna in the football game’s popular halftime show.
- In 2010, Minaj’s songs topped the charts of Billboard’s Top 100.
- She has a longtime boyfriend, Safaree “SB” Samuels.
- She is the first and only female rapper to appear on the Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings list.
- She used to be managed by Waka Flocka’s mom, Debra Antney.
- Her single, Starships, holds the No. 1 spot as Most Consecutive Weeks in the Billboard Top 10 songs, at 21 weeks. It’s ahead of the Black Eyed Peas’ I Gotta Feeling with 20 weeks.
- She enjoys watching TV whenever she can, and her favorite program to watch is Judge Judy.
- She loves shopping for clothes, and her favorite stores to shop at are costume stores.