Miley Cyrus – Behind the Scene
Miley Cyrus, or Destiny Hope Cyrus, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Despite debuting as an actress, Miley’s music career rocketed with numerous awards and nominations such as Best International Pop in 2013 Bambi Awards, Best Song From A Movie in 2009 MTV Music Awards or Video of the Year in 2014 MTV Music Awards. Apart from her success, people seem to care more about her infamous personal life. However, Miley is much more than all the scandals that she is known for, this paparazzi – attracting girl is a kind-hearted individual who chooses to live with her true color.
Miley does not care much about other people’s opinions about her lifestyle. In 2013, this new queen of pop decided to abandon her innocent image to pursue a sexy and matured concept which matched her personality. The idea was welcomed by her fans at first. However, Miley ran into some serious critics from the media when she started to say or perform sex references on social network sites or even on stage. Many of her fans decided to turn their backs on her for these rebel actions and they considered them to be Miley’s desperate way of coping with the break-up with Liam Hemsworth. Despite all the hatred harbored to her, Miley still chooses to live with her true self. Answering The New York Times on whether or not Miley’s opinion was affected by the power of the media, she said “No, I never let that change me”. With this answer, Miley has proved that people’s words do not have that big of an influence on her life. This scandalous star is also known for the fact that she never holds back her emotions. During a performance for Saturday Night Live (SNL) season premier, the 24-year-old could not hold her tears as she sat next to her deceased dog’s picture and sang The Twinkle Song (a song inspired by her friend’s pet). Miley started bursting into tears when singing the last verse: “And I had a dream/ we were being chased by monsters. Maybe they were aliens/ But I wasn’t scared ‘cause you were there/……../ that’s when you said you love me/ you loved me”. In spite of being recorded live in front of many important guests, this emotional girl still chose to show everyone what she really felt inside. This indicates the fact that Miley stays close to her own feelings and refuses to hold anything back.
Miley was not only a daring girl who wants to live with her true color but also a lady with a warm heart. As mentioned above, the young star could not hide her tears when singing about her dog, which can show how much she loved her pet. Miley admitted that she is “undeniably crazy about animals” and she would do anything to protect them. Miley lived up to her words by turning her 20th birthday into a fundraising event at a dog rescue organization. Apart from the love for animals, this 24-year-old also shows a good sense of community. Miley has started her own charity called Happy Hipster Foundationwith the aim of assisting homeless people, especially those who are a part of LGBTQ community. According to Paper magazines, "the foundation treats at-risk kids with art and animal therapies, two proven balms that have been instrumental in Cyrus' own self-care. Happy Hippie is designed as a corrective to what Cyrus understands as immoral politicking, the sort that pits outliers as pariahs and favors an archaic status quo". Moreover, Miley is a huge supporter of gender equality. Miley considered every gender to be the same and double standards between genders should be abolished. This pop star started a campaign named Freethenipples in order to encourage women all over the world to come out of their nutshells and not to be scared of anything. With over 22 million followers on Instagram, Miley has made quite a huge impact and led the campaign to an explosive success.
Nowadays, when mentioning “Miley Cyrus”, people will immediately think about her scandals and sex references. Nevertheless, this young pop star is still appealing to her fans for some good sides that many people fail to see.
Destiny Hope Cyrus (Her full name is Miley Ray Cyrus)
Smiley Miley, Miley Ray,
Miley Cyrus attended Heritage Elementary School, Tennessee, USA till 2000 and started acting in 2001. She acted in “Doc.”
- Father – Billy Ray Cyrus (Country Singer)
- Mother – Letitia Jean “Tish” (Finley) Cyrus
- Siblings – Trace Cyrus (Older Brother) (Vocalist), Noah Cyrus (Younger Sister) (Actress), Brandi Glenn Cyrus (Older Sister) (Actress), Christopher Cody Cyrus (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Braison Cyrus (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Ronald Ray Cyrus (Paternal Grandfather) (Politician), Ruth Ann Casto (Paternal Grandmother)
Miley is signed to these talent agencies –,ReignDeer Entertainment,Creative Artists Agency,Celebrity Talent International
Pop, country, rock, hip hop, dance
Vocals, guitar, piano
Walt Disney, Hollywood, RCA
Race / Ethnicity
- Bold personality
- Often sticks her tongue out during photographs
Christianity (She was baptized in a Southern Baptist Church in 2005)
Miley has appeared in television commercials on Danimals, Banquet Homestyle Bakes and others.
Best Known For
2006 TV Show Hannah Montana for her role as Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana. 99 episodes were telecasted on Disney Channel.
“Meet Miley Cyrus” released on June 26, 2007
2003 film Big Fish for her role as Young Ruthie – Age 8. Her first film was credited to her birth name, Destiny Cyrus. Though, she didn’t get a lead role in Big Fish.
- Favorite Food – Peach Rings, Gummy Worms, Sour Food with most sugar possible
- Favorite TV Programs – S*x and the City (1998-2004), Bad S*x (2011)
- Favorite Accessories – Bracelet, Heart shaped necklace
- Favorite Colors – Lime Green and Purple
- Favorite Books – Don’t Die, My Love (Lurlene McDaniel), Girl Talk With God (Susie Shellenberger)
- Favorite Songs – Achy Breaky Heart (Billy Ray Cyrus in 2007), Over And Over (The Fabs in 2008), So Yesterday (Hilary Duff in 2007), With You (Chris Brown in 2008)
- Favorite Bands – Radiohead, The Killers, The Strokes
- Favorite Movies – High School Musical (2006), Steel Magnolias (1989), Titanic (1997), Cars (2006)
- Favorite Fashion Idol – Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Ashlee Simpson, Fabiola Gatti
- Favorite Actress – Angelina Jolie, Jodie Foster, Jennifer Aniston, Britney spears, Meryl Streep
- Best Friend – Emily Osment
- Favorite Time Pass – Play Guitar, sing and write music
- Favorite Bible Verse – Ephesians 6:10-11
- Favorite Inspiration – Hilary Duff
- Favorite Perfume – Juicy Couture Eau de Parfum
- Favorite Animal – Dog
- Source – IMDb
Miley Cyrus Quotes
Life is all about having a good time.
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one so bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins and I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, like, put it in your pool?'
I come from this really small town near Nashville, Tennessee, where everything was la-di-da and normal.
People like controversy because that's what sells.
Some of the worst things that have happened in my career, like things getting leaked, have actually been what's best for me, because people knew when I was on that show that I was really growing up.
Miley Cyrus News
Southern comfort! Garth Brooks joins Miley Cyrus as he gives expert advice to final 12 The Voice contestants ahead of live performance
Facts about Miley Cyrus
- Cyrus’ highly-criticized VMAs performance was the most-tweeted about event in the short history Twitter, beating out Beyonce’s performance at the Super Bowl halftime show. Miley Cyrus generated 360,000 tweets every minute.
- Her music video"Wrecking Ball" holds the Vevo record for the most views in the first 24 hours after its release, and the record for being the fastest clip to reach 100 million views.
- Miley Cyrus guested on Two and a Half Men twice in 2012 (as a romantic interest for both Ashton Kutcher and the half man) and drove some of its biggest ratings of the season — with 13.6 million total viewers in her first outing.
- She has been causing a lot of controversy lately, but her first major controversy was back in 2008 when Vanity Fair published a photo of her, then only 15 years old, wrapped in a bedsheet. She was also criticized for pole dancing on an ice cream truck during the 2009 Teen Choice Awards.
- At last count, she has 22 tattoos. Her latest is a portrait of her grandmother on her arm, which was inked by her favourite tattoo artist Kat Von D.
- Her most recent films made in 2012 were flops. "So Undercover," a film in which she starred opposite Jeremy Piven, went direct-to-video and "LOL," a Demi Moore film, was a limited release.
- Her first boyfriend was model Justin Gaston for nine months, but she told Parade magazine that Liam Hemsworth was her "first serious boyfriend." She met Liam while filming the romance drama The Last Song in 2009. Miley announced her engagement to the Hunger Games actor in June 2012 although the pair have since had an on-off relationship. The last time they were photographed together was on the red carpet together in August when they attended the Paranoia premiere.
- After the Haiti Earthquake Miley contributed to two charity singles, “We Are the World: 25 for Haiti” and “Everybody Hurts”.
- Her single "Party in the U.S.A." was written to promote her clothing line with Max Azria.
- She released her third studio album Can’t Be Tamed in June 2010.