Comic actress best known as Rebecca Howe from the television show Cheers who appeared in the 2005 film Fat Actress.
She competed on Dancing with the Stars in 2011.
She became widely recognized for her role on Cheers along with co-star Ted Danson.
She originally came to Los Angeles to work as an interior designer, before appearing as a game contestant on Match Game.
She married Bob Alley in 1970, and the couple divorced in 1977.
Born NameKirstie Louise Alley
EducationIn 1969, Kirstie graduated from Wichita Southeast High School. In 1969, Kirstie also went to Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas but dropped out.
OccupationActress, comedian, spokesmodel
- Father – Robert Deal Alley (Owner of a lumber company)
- Mother – Lillian Mickie (née Heaton) (Homemaker) (Died in 1981)
- Siblings – Colette Alley (Sister), Craig Alley (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Kirstie Alley dated –
- Bob Alley (1969-1977) – Kirstie met a distant cousin Bob Alley in high school and started dating him. They got married in 1970. Because their career paths separated, the couple split and got divorced in 1977.
- Parker Stevenson (1981-1997) – Actor Parker Stevenson and Kirstie commenced dating in May 1981. They married on December 22, 1983. But, after nearly 14 years of marriage, the couple divorced in September 1997. During their married life, the couple welcomed two children, son William True (b. 1992) and daughter Lillie Price (b. 1994).
- James Wilder (1997-1999) – In 1997, Kirstie started dating film and TV actor, James Wilder. They also got engaged in the same year. But after two years, the engagement was called off in 1999.
Race / EthnicityWhite
- Sparkling green eyes
- Voluptuous figure
- Deep sultry voice
Brand EndorsementsShe has appeared in commercials for Pantene Pro-V Shampoo (1995), Pier 1 Imports (2001, 2002, 2003), Jenny Craig weight loss programs (2005), etc.,In 1988, she was seen in print ads for Cuervo Gold tequila.
ReligionScientology,But, she was raised as a “Methodist.”
Best Known ForPlaying Rebecca Howe (formerly Howe-Santry) in the NBC sitcom Cheers from 1987 to 1993. In 1991, she also won 2 awards (Emmy and Golden Globe) for her outstanding performance.
First FilmIn 1982, Kirstie appeared in science fiction film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan in 1982 for her supporting role as Lt. Saavik.
First TV ShowIn 1979, Kirstie appeared in NBC TV panel game show Match Game as herself.
- Food – Chicken fettuccine, chocolate brownies
- Source – Examiner, People
Facts about Kirstie Alley
- Kirstie lost her mom in a car accident caused by a drunk driver in
- Alley wanted to work as an interior designer in Los
- Kirstie has a fear of
- She is John Travolta’s best female friend. Alley is very good friends with Oprah
- John Travolta was the greatest love of her
- In 1979, in Match Game show, she won $500 in the first round and $5500 in the second
- Kirstie purchased a 5,200 sq ft mansion in $1.5 million in Clearwater, Florida from Lisa Marie Presley in May
- Kirstie’s first husband shared the same surname as her, i.e.
- Kirstie founded weight loss company called “Organic Liaison” in 2010 which was purchased by Jenny Craig in
- She was a cheerleader in high