Facts about Katy Perry
- Katy Perry’s 3D concert/bio pic Katy Perry: Part of Me was released in theaters July 5th 2012.
- In December of 2011 she released a Katy Perry Barbie Doll that reflects her unique style.
- In July 2011 Katy made her film debut as Smurfette in The Smurfs.
- Katy released a fragrance in November 2011 called Purr, which comes in a cat-shaped bottle.
- In 2011 she became the first artist to spend 52 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
- California Gurls, the first single off her second album Teenage Dream, shot to the top slot on the Billboard chart and stayed there for 6 consecutive weeks.
- In 2010 The Guinness World Book of Records recognized her as the "Best Start on the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist," for having her first two singles sell over two million digital copies.
- In 2010 she married British comedian Russell Brand in India in a traditional Hindu ceremony, they are now divorced.
- She won Best New Act at the 2008 MTV Europe Awards, which she co-hosted, and Best International Female Artist at the 2009 BRIT Awards.
- In 2010 she appeared as a guest judge alongside Simon Cowell in The X Factor.
- She has written songs for Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale and Kelly Clarkson. Her first album One of the Boys featured the hit singles "I Kissed a Girl" and "Hot n Cold." "I Kissed a Girl" earned her a nomination for Best Female Pop Vocalist at the Grammy’s in 2009
- Despite having trouble getting her record made and staying at one label she managed to get her song “Long Shot” into the soundtrack for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
- At 17 Katy left home for Los Angeles and started to work with Glen Ballard who had helped Alanis Morrissette with her songs. Listening to only gospel music growing up she had almost no reference for outside music and discovered Glen by turning on VH1 in her hotel room.
- She first caught the eye of producers from Nashville, Tennesee when she was just 15 years old singing in a church choir. They took her Nashville to help her with her writing skills and teach her guitar.
- She earned her GED early in high school so she could pursue her music dream.
- She studied Italian Opera singing for a short time.
- As a kid she was also a great dancer, quickly picking up classic dances like the Lindy Hop, Jitterbug and Swing – maybe that’s where her retro style began!
- She released a gospel music album while she was in high school under the name Katy Hudson.
- She sang in her parents’ church from the age of 9 to 17, and grew up listening to gospel music – in fact her mother didn’t allow her to listen to anything else!
- Katy Perry is actually a stage name; her full name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson. Perry is actually her mother’s maiden name. She was born October 25, 1984 in Santa Barbara, California. She has an older sister, Angela, and younger brother, Dan. Both of her parents are pastors.
Katy Perry News
Hillary Clinton supporter Katy Perry admits her own parents voted for Donald Trump to stunned voters