Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, better known by her stage name Katy Perry, is an American singer-songwriter and musician in various genres, charms the world with her catchy songs and highly-fashioned dressing. She claimed to fame by the single “I Kissed A Girl” (2008) which was partially inspired by actress Scarlet Johannson. Besides being a sensational singer, she also writes songs. Since earning a Grammy nomination for best female pop vocal for “I Kissed a Girl”, Katy has won a lot of awards and nominations for her music products and often topped on Billboard charts for her singles and albums. She has been the only artist since Miachael Jackson to have five number-one hits from the same album as Billboard reported.
Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Katy Hudson, Katy Brand, Katheryn Elizabeth Brand, Pickle, KP, Katy Bird, The Queen of Cool, KatyCat, K-Pez, Chuckie, Pussycat
Katy Perry went to Dos Pueblos High School, Goleta, California, for 1 year. After, passing 1st year, she took her GED and left her education to pursue her career in music.
Singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Maurice Keith Hudson (Pentecostal pastor)
- Mother – Mary Christine Perry (Pentecostal pastor)
- Siblings – Angela Hudson (Sister), David Hudson (Brother)
Direct Management Group, Inc.
Vocals, piano, guitar
Red Hill, Java, Columbia, Capitol Records
Katy Perry married Russell Brand (British Comedian) on October 23, 2010 in a traditional Hindu ceremony near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan, India. Their marriage went till December, 2011. Brand had proposed Katy at the same place, where they married and they remained engaged from December, 2009 to October, 2010. They split on December 31, 2011 and their divorce was finalised on July 16, 2012.
- Robert Ackroyd (2012) – Katy Perry dated Robert Ackroyd (Guitarist from Florence+the machine) for about 1 month in April 2012.
- John Mayer (2012-2015) – This Jewish musician had dated ON and OFF with Perry from June 2012 to July 2015. They split in August 2012 after dating for couple of months. She reconciled later and again separated in February 2014. The couple were again together and finally called it quits in July 2015.
- Riff Raff (2014) – RUMOR
- Diplo (2014-2015) – DJ Diplo aka Thomas Pentz started dating Katy in April 2014. After a month of dating, Diplo called off the relationship in May 2014. However, just like her previous relationship with John, she reunited with him again later in the year. But, again called it quits in March 2015.
- Jared Leto (2014) – Katy was RUMORed to had fling with fellow musician Jared Leto in 2014.
- Orlando Bloom (2016-Present) – British actor Orlando Bloom and Katy met at the Golden Globe’s party in Janaury 2016 and started dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Katy has English, German, Irish, and Portuguese ancestry.
- Eccentric outfit
- Beautiful eyes
GHD (Haircare Product Manufacturer), ProActiv (2010), Purr Perfume (2010), OPI Nail Polish (2011), Purr by Katy Perry (2011), Thomas Sabo jewellery and others.
Best Known For
Her over-the-top fashions, unconventional style of dress, colorful wigs and catchy songs like “I kissed a girl” which was partially inspired by actress Scarlett Johansson.
“Katy Hudson” released on October 23, 2001. But, this failed to be ranked on record charts.
2010 film Get Him to the Greek as herself.
First TV Show
2008 TV Show The Young and the Restless as herself. Actually, she appeared in episode number 8914 only.
- Favorite Food – Mexican food, Thai food, Ice-cream and Crepes
- Favorite TV Programs – Ancient Aliens (2009)
- Favorite Movie – Lolita (1997)
- Favorite Bands – Beach Boys, Heart, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Alanis Morissette, Imogen Heap, Gwen Stefani, Rufus Wainwright, Ting Tings
- Favorite Book – The Help (Kathryn Stockett) released in 2009
- Favorite Place To Visit– Japan
- Favorite Colors – Pink, Aqua, Blue
- Favorite Accessories – Fruit-shaped accessories (mainly watermelons), Sparkle, Nail Polish, Rainbow wigs, Bracelets
Katy Perry Quotes
I fall in love every time. And I don't really fall in love a lot, but when I do, I fall hard.
If people want a role model, they can have Miley Cyrus.
I just like having fun.
I feel like my secret magic trick that separates me from a lot of my peers is the bravery to be vulnerable and truthful and honest.
The records are black boxes for me. Like, if you want to know who I am, my views, my perspective, things I love, things I hate, my convictions, my anthems. I've never let people's opinions affect the way I write.
Katy Perry News
Hillary Clinton supporter Katy Perry admits her own parents voted for Donald Trump to stunned voters
Facts about Katy Perry
- Katy Perry’s 3D concert/bio pic Katy Perry: Part of Me was released in theaters July 5th 2012.
- In December of 2011 she released a Katy Perry Barbie Doll that reflects her unique style.
- In July 2011 Katy made her film debut as Smurfette in The Smurfs.
- Katy released a fragrance in November 2011 called Purr, which comes in a cat-shaped bottle.
- In 2011 she became the first artist to spend 52 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
- California Gurls, the first single off her second album Teenage Dream, shot to the top slot on the Billboard chart and stayed there for 6 consecutive weeks.
- In 2010 The Guinness World Book of Records recognized her as the "Best Start on the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist," for having her first two singles sell over two million digital copies.
- In 2010 she married British comedian Russell Brand in India in a traditional Hindu ceremony, they are now divorced.
- She won Best New Act at the 2008 MTV Europe Awards, which she co-hosted, and Best International Female Artist at the 2009 BRIT Awards.
- In 2010 she appeared as a guest judge alongside Simon Cowell in The X Factor.