Justin Timberlake – An Astonishing Return
Justin Timberlake is known as an American pop singer, songwriter and record producer. People call him JT and talk about him like a prince because of his fame and his appearance – a very handsome man. Timberlake also has reputation for being a movies star in his career.
When he was 11 years old, he first appeared on the TV shows Star Search in 1983, even though he was not the winner of this shows, he still tried to complete his ambitions. After that, he became one of the main roles in series films “The New Mickey Mouse Club” of Disney Channel along with the appearance of many famous co-stars such as Britney Spears, Ryan Gosling, Keri Russell, Christina Aguilera and J.C Chasez. This provided Timberlake with a chance of being boyfriend of Britney Spears shortly thereafter. Individuals knew more about him when he became the most crucial vocalists as the youngest member at the age of 14 of boy bands NSYNC – the name came from the ideal of Timberlake’s mother when she chose last letter of 5 member’s first name. His professional career was really succeeded at the beginning with the publishing of the first solo album named Justified in 2002, which brought him with two first Grammy Awards for two hit singles “Cry Me a River and Rock Your Body”. Justin Timberlake with his passion of music and ability to compose his own songs became one of the greatest singers in American, in the world in general. Timberlake has a wide range of quotes showing his opinion about music and himself. He said the things putting influence of music on him was his place of birth: “The many sounds of Memphis shaped my early musical career and continue to be an inspiration to this day”. The way he produced his own music products was to show his real emotion and who he is, even though it’s always really difficult, he quoted: “My biggest challenge was to make sure that the songs I did were who I am”. Even though he said: “Sometimes I don’t even know what to name a song when I get done with it, and I’ll let somebody else tell me what I should call it because it’s whatever stuck in their head”. This is a problem sometimes he has to face with and find it difficult.
For the time of working as a singer and songwriter, Justin Timberlake is the owner of a huge number of awards and accolades for his career. He has won nine Grammy Awards, fours Emmy Awards, three Brit Awards, and seven Billboard Music Awards. In 2003 and 2007 he named one of the 100 most influential people in the world according to Time magazine. He extended his work in term of business when he cooperated with his close friend Trace Ayala to make their own fashion brand “William Rast”, and he was a boss of American restaurant. Although Timberlake has his own performance style, he is under the influence of Michael Jackson and people from many parts of the world often compare him to “King of pop”. Timberlake says it is a huge honour for him, he quoted: “I feel very fortunate to be compared to somebody so incredible. Michael Jackson’s an icon.”
In spite of the fact that there are a great number of Justin Timberlake’s fans, they might do not know about many interesting things of their idol. For composer, pen and paper are vital things to help them to create lyrics, but for those people who do not know, Justin Timberlake completed his first album “Justified” without writing down lyrics. He has ability to play sort of music instruments such as guitar, bass guitar and keyboards. Some individuals might have belief that he has to attend instrument class to learn how to play guitar, but after 3 weeks taking guitar lessons he got bored and started studying himself. In terms of acting, there was a time Justin Timberlake decided to leave his music career behind to focus on acting, which contributed to his celebrity beyond music. People expected to see the return of JT after over 6 years focusing on acting field. However, some music critics believed that Timberlake wasted his time on acting instead of improving his technical music. JT kept going to work as an actor and appeared on fourteen films, which promoted his image to the world. In 2013, he announced his return to public with his third and fourth solo album name “The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2 with a great welcome from fans in all over the world. Before this, Timberlake performed in the East Room at the White House hosted by President Barack Obama in October 2013. The third album became one of the best-selling albums in the U.S with largest sales up to 980.000 copies in the first week as well as ranked number one on the Billboard 200. Another crucial point was the cooperation between JT and King of pop on the song “Love Never Felt So Good” in 2014.
Although there was a tough time during his acting career, he still tried himself to pursue and develop it. The expressive return of JT brought his fans with full of happy and loves. Meanwhile, some famous people in showbiz were afraid of that he will dominate their rank.
Justin Randall Timberlake
Justin had attended E. E. Jater Elementary School located in Millington, Tennessee. He was then home schooled after 6th grade, in his middle and high school years.
Actor, Businessman, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Randall Timberlake (Choir Director, Baptist church), Paul Harless (Step-father, Banker)
- Mother – Lynn (Bomar) Harless (Owner, Just-in-Time entertainment), Lisa Timberlake (Step-mother)
- Grandfather – Charles L. Timberlake (Baptist minister)
- Siblings – Jonathan Perry Timberlake (Step-brother), Stephen Robert Timberlake (Step-brother) and Late Laura Katherine (Half-sister)
- Grandmother – Bobbye Joice
Johnny Wright, an American music manager
R & B, Pop, Rap, Rock, Funk, Soul, Gospel, New Wave, Opera, World Music (Singing)
Drama, Comedy, Romantic (Acting)
Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Keys, Drums
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin is the man of ladies. His name has been attached with as much as 13 ladies so far. The list is as follows –
- Elisha Cuthbert – A Canadian film and TV actress. Justin’s name was firstly attached with Elisha but the affair news later on proved to be a media rumor only.
- Danielle Ditto (1995-96) – Justin’s first love. Both got together when Justin was just 14. Both had a 2 year long relationship before they broke up. Their was a news in media that both broke up as Ditto was trying to sell private details of their bonding.
- Stacy Ferguson (1996) – An American singer, songwriter, rapper, fashion designer, TV host and actress. The couple dated each other for an year before parting ways from each other.
- Veronica Finn (1996-98) – An American singer. The dating between singers started when she was 16 and he was 17. Finn was in Innosense band and Justin was in *NSYNC. The duo ended the relation when Finn started to get jealous.
- Britney Spears (1999-02) – An American recording artist and entertainer. Justin and Britney encountered a relationship with each other in 1999. The relationship went on to become one of the high profile celebrity relationships of all time. Both met each other while working on Disney channel TV Series New Mickey Mouse Club. The relation was 3 years long.
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum (2002) – An American actress and dancer. Justin got together with Jenna after he broke up with Britney, but the friendship between the two was not more than few months long.
- Alyssa Milano (2002) – An American actress, producer and former singer. Justin and Alyssa got their names together, the same year when Justin was found with Jenna. But both relations didn’t lasted too long.
- Staci B. Flood (2003) – An American singer, dancer and model. Justin had a relationship with Staci sometime in the year 2003. She was the third girl in two years after Justin broke up with Britney.
- Cameron Diaz (2003-06) – Justin and Cameron were involved with each other in a relation after they met on Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in April 2003. The duo was involved in relation for almost 3 years before they called off their relation publicly on January 11, 2007.
- Scarlett Johansson (2007) – An American model, actress and singer. The relation news between the actors came in 2007 when Scarlett was shooting for the music video for Justin’s song “What goes around…comes around”, but the relation news between the two was just a rumor.
- Jessica Biel (2007-Present) – An American model, actress and singer. The relation came out when both were seen snowboarding together during Sundance Film Festival at Park City, Utah in 2007. After that, both were spotted dating each other many times. Both broke up in March 2011 after 4 years of relation, but reunited in fall of 2011. Finally Justin proposed Jessica in the mountains of Jackson, Wyoming in December 2011 and then married each other on October 19, 2012 at Resort Borgo Egnazia, Fasano, Italy.
- Olivia Wilde (2011) – An American actress and fashion model. Justin and Olivia were said to encountering an affair with each other in 2011, but Justin ruled out the rumor news by saying that he’s happily living his life with Jessica.
Justin’s heart touching voice combining with his well maintained physique keeps him front of all men for whom girls can go crazy. Surely that’s something different!
Audi, Bud Light Premium, Anheuser-Busch Budweiser, McDonald, Target. Justin was also the Team Ambassador for US team in 39th Ryder Cup.
Justin can be found with /using brands like Audi, Blackberry, MTV, Apple Inc., Dolce & Gabbana, Walt Disney Company, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Harley-Davidson, Pepsi and last but not the least, William Rast, his own clothing line.
Jt is Southern Baptist by birth. But, he now considers himself “spiritual” than “religious”, when someone asks him about his religion.
Best Known For
*NSYNC. Justin was the lead singer and youngest member of the boy band. The band became extremely famous in the late 1990s.
First TV Show
Star Search (1983-95), a TV show hosted by Ed McMohan and created by Alfred Masini. Justin sung country music songs in it. He appeared as a contestant. The show gave him early fame.
Model Behaviour (2000), a Disney Channel TV movie, released on March 12, 2000. Justin played the role of model Jason Sharpe, who falls in love with a waitress after mistaking her for another model.
Justified (2002). The album was released during the hiatus of *NSYNC. The album won Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album and Best International Album award at Brit Awards. The song “Cry me a River” won Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. The album has sold over 10 million copies worldwide.
He exercises 4-5 days in a week. Justin mainly do cardio training and plays basketball, alongwith snowboarding to stay fit. He also do weightlifting and dancing to keep body healthy. His workout includes
- Incline DB Bench Press : 3 sets x 5-7 reps
- Pull ups : 3 sets x 5-7 reps
- Lateral Raises : 3 sets x 6-10 reps
- Bar Dips : 3 sets x 6-10 reps
- Biceps Curl Variation : 3 x 6-10 reps
- Plank : 3 sets x 60 seconds
Jt takes 5 meal diet a day. He takes protein shakes and avoids junk food as much as he can.
- Favorite Musical Influences – Boyz ll Men, Babyface, Blackstreet and Jimi Hendrix
- Favorite TV Show – Friends
- Favorite Film – The Usual Suspects, Scream, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Favorite Author – John Grisham
- Favorite Sports Team – University of North Carolina’s basketball team
- Favorite Food – Healthy foods and cereal like Apple Jacks and Cap n’ Crunch, Pasta
Justin Timberlake Quotes
You can say things a million times, but if you can't sing it, then it really isn't much of a song.
I guess, for me, I've always thought that there was humor everywhere. And as a kid, I just, you know, I grew up an only child, and I - sort of nothing made me happier than to make my parents laugh. I remember I had costumes and things laying around the house that I was, you know, anything that I could do to make my parents laugh.
My career decisions have nothing to do with my personal life.
Teen pop will never die as long as there are teens and popular music. It just takes a different head.
I believe people can move things with their minds.
Justin Timberlake News
Justin Timberlake, Bette Midler, & More Celebs React To Legendary Singer-Songwriter Leonard Cohen's Passing!
Facts about Justin Timberlake
- His net worth is reported at $100 million.
- He came back on the music scene in 2013 with his third solo album, The 20/20 Experience. which features the singles "Suit and Tie" featuring Jay-Z, and "Mirrors."
- Between 2006 and 2012, he put his music career on hold to pursue acting, and appeared in Black Snake Moan, Alpha Dog and The Social Network and In Time.
- Scarlett Johansson played the love interest of Justin Timberlake in the music video "What Goes Around, Comes Around" which sparked rumors the two were dating. They denied them.
- He often collaborates with the group Lonely Island on SNL and on YouTube to create comedic songs and sketches.
- Justin has 9 Grammy Awards throughout his career.
- Timberlake dated Jessica Biel on and off from 2007 to 2011 and got engaged that December. They got married on Oct. 19, 2012.
- Justin owns shares in three United States restaurants. Chi opened in West Hollywood, California in 2003, but has since closed. He used to own part of the New York restaurant Destino, and still co-owns the Upper East Side restaurant Southern Hospitality that he started with friends; both restaurants were started in roughly 2006.
- Justin Timberlake and his best friend Trace Ayala co-founded the fashion line William Rast in 2005.
- He once said he owned every model of Air Jordans ever made.