Facts about Jennifer Lopez
- 2013-2014 - Lopez returns to "American Idol" as a judge. May 13, 2015 - Lopez announces her 2016 Las Vegas show on "American Idol.
- July 13, 2012 - Announces that she won't return to "American Idol" as a judge.
- July 15, 2011 - Lopez and Anthony release joint statement announcing plans to end their seven-year marriage. April 9, 2012 - Marc Anthony files for divorce.
- September 22, 2010 - Fox officially announces that Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) and Randy Jackson will be judges for the upcoming season of "American Idol".
- February 25, 2009 - Files a lawsuit with husband, Marc Anthony, against Silver Cross (UK) Ltd., baby carriage makers, for their unauthorized use of Lopez and Anthony's image. June 22, 2009 - Lawsuit filed against Silver Cross (UK) Ltd. is settled out of court and the case is dismissed.
- November 6, 2009 - Lopez files a lawsuit against ex-husband Ojani Noa alleging that he is trying to publicize home videos of her.
- June 17, 2008 - Eight students of a Staten Island school for autistic children request her autograph after listening to and learning her music video "Let's Get Loud." In response, Lopez attends their graduation and performs the song for them.
- April 3, 2007 - Releases first Spanish language album, "Como Ama Una Mujer."
- April 10, 2006 - Lopez files a lawsuit against ex-husband Ojani Noa alleging that he violated a confidentiality agreement by distributing a manuscript of a tell all book to publishers, the syndicated television show "The Insider" reported. She is seeking a restraining order to keep the manuscript from becoming public. August 2007 - Wins breach-of-contract lawsuit against ex-husband, Noa, is awarded over $500,000.00.
- June 5, 2004 - Marries singer Marc Anthony in a ceremony at her home in Los Angeles.
- 2003 - Comes out with a hip-hop influenced clothing line called "Sweetface." July 5, 2009 - It is announced that Lopez's clothing line, "Sweetface," will go on hiatus for rebranding.
- November 2002 - Becomes engaged to Ben Affleck. September 10, 2003 - The wedding that was scheduled to take place on September 14, 2003 to Affleck is postponed. In a statement, the couple says, "Due to the excessive media attention surrounding our wedding, we have decided to postpone the date. When we found ourselves seriously contemplating hiring three separate 'decoy brides' at three different locations, we realized that something was awry."
- 2001 - Clothing line debuts and her fourth album, "J.Lo," goes to number one.
- December 1999 - Is arrested, questioned, released and cleared of any involvement in the illegal firearms possession and nightclub shooting case involving then boyfriend Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs.
- June 1999 - Releases first album, "On The 6". Album goes platinum within 2 weeks.
- 1998 - Stars opposite George Clooney in "Out of Sight."
- 1997 - First starring role as the murdered Tejano singer, Selena Quintanilla, in "Selena."
- 1990 - Appears as a "Fly Girl" in the Fox show "In Living Color."
- 1986 - First feature film "My Little Girl."
- Her full name is Jennifer Lynn Lopez and she was born in the Bronx, NY, on July 24, 1969. Grew up on Blackrock Avenue. Her father is a computer specialist and her mother is a kindergarten teacher. She began taking singing and dancing lessons when she was 5 years old.
Jennifer Lopez News
Donald Trump Is Mad — Or Maybe Just Jealous — That Beyoncé, Jay Z, And Jennifer Lopez Have Held Rallies With Hillary Clinton!