Jennifer Lopez, also known as J. Lo, the name tells an amazing story about one of Hollywood’s leading multi-talented and influential superstars. This Latina bombshell has garnered such a variety of achievements in her movie, music and dancing careers as two Grammy Award nominations, three American Music Awards, and a numerous sales of more than 55 million records worldwide. In 1998, Jennifer's first title role in the movie Selena lifted her to reach the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, whereas, her infectious single If You Had My Love from the debut album On the 6 has ranked as No. 1 in the Billboard 100 chart at that time.
J. Lo is the middle girl of David Lopez, a computer specialist at Guardian Insurance in NYC, and Guadalupe, teaching kindergarten in Westchester County, New York. She was an amazing athlete who enjoyed gymnastics, track, tennis on a national level and was a member of the school's softball team. Lopez learned about film casting and launched her first appearance in the film My Little Girl, co-written and directed by Connie Kaiserman in 1986.
Followed her popularity, Lopez’s relationships obviously has gained public attention in almost social media.She got married to Cuban actor Ojani Noa on February 22, 1997, then to choreographer Cris Judd on September 29, 2001 and her next marriage to Marc Anthony an actor, record producer and songwriter was on 5th June, 2004. The couple had their first twin on February 22, 2008, but their divorce in 2014 has marked the third divorce of Jennifer within only 17 years.
Born NameJennifer Lynn Lopez
Nick NameJ.Lo, Lola, La Guitarra (due to guitar shaped body),
EducationJennifer Lopez started her academic career by reading through Catholic Schools for almost twelve years. She finished her schooling at all girls Preston High School. She, then joined Baruch College for higher education, but dropped out after first semester to focus on her acting career.
OccupationJennifer Lopez bears a multitasking personality. She is an Actress, Dancer, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer, Film Producer, Philanthropist, Recording Artist and a Spokeswoman.
- Jennifer Lopez was born to Puerto Rican parents. Her
- Father – David Lopez (Computer technician at Guardian Insurance Company)
- Mother – Guadalupe Rodriguez (Kindergarten Teacher)
- Siblings – Leslie Lopez (Older Sister) (Elementary School Music Teacher), Lynda Lopez (Younger Sister) (News Anchor)
- J.Lo is the second child of the family.
ManagerJennifer Lopez has two managers – Simon Fields from Westwood, CA and Jeff Kwatinetz from Beverly Hills, CA.
GenreLike her personality, Jennifer Lopez’s genre also has a huge variety. Her genre ranges from Pop, Latin pop, Urban / Hip-Hop to Dance, Funk and R & B.
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Wesley Snipes (1994-1995)
- Ojani Noa (1996-1998) – Jennifer Lopez married actor Ojani Noa in 1997. But only after an year, the relationship ended as Ojani was trying to sell private details of their relationship, after a series of lawsuits.
- Sean Combs (August 1999 – February 2001) – Then she dated actor Sean Combs for more than a year before calling it quits in early 2001.
- Cris Judd (2001-2003) – She married Cris Judd in 2003. But her marriage with Cris also didn’t lasted for long as she was found dating actor Ben Affleck same time.
- Ben Affleck (July 2002 – January 2004) – J Lo had a warm relationship with Ben. They came so much close to each other that they engaged in October 2002. But, this bonding also saw an end in 2004 as their careers were getting affected due to media over-exposure. They also had an onscreen appearances in Gigli (2003) and Jersey Girl (2004).
- Marc Anthony (2004-2011) – After that, she married Marc Anthony who was her friend for a long time since 2004. They had appeared together on the screen in 2006 in El cantante. They married on June 5, 2004 and since then, the couple lived happily for a long time. In February 2008, the couple got blessed by twins, Emme and Maximilian. They split in July 2011 and Marc subsequently filed for divorce.
- Bradley Cooper (September 2011-November 2011) – They dated for a short time in 2011. Though, it was not official and thus is a rumor.
- Casper Smart (November 2011-Present) – American dancer and actor is dating this sexy singer since November 2011. Their relationship was confirmed by TMZ. They split in April 2014, but reconciled back later. They are dating ON and OFF since 2011. Casper was J Lo’s backup dancer during a tour.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy (2014) – Ukrainian dancer Maksim and JLo were RUMORed to be dating in 2014.
Race / EthnicityLatino
Brand EndorsementsL’Oreal. Jennifer Lopez, in 2001, launched her brand line entitled ‘JLo’. The brand line includes Clothes, Eyewear, Swimwear, Accessories, Jewellery, Hats, Scarves, Handbags, Watches, Decorative Pillows and Perfumes. Andy Hilfiger and Larry Stemmerman’s investment group backed up the brand.
Best Known ForHer perfect body structure. Then comes her singing, dancing and acting. She also got popularity because of her high profile relationships.
First AlbumReleased on June 1, 1999 by Work Records in the United States, On the 6 is J Lo’s debut studio album. It consists of 14 tracks with a total length of almost 64 minutes. This album is a reference to the 6 subway line in New York City, which Lopez used to commute to work in Manhattan.
First Film1986 American drama film that was released in the U.S. in 1987, My Little Girl. She performed the role as Myra.
First TV ShowSketch comedy television series, In Living Color in 1993. She appeared in third season and was among the Fly Girl dancers.
- Favorite Food – Fried Chicken Cutlets
- Favorite Color – Aqua Blue
- Favorite Perfume – Pheromone and Barney’s Route Du The
Jennifer Lopez Quotes
I don't regret what I've been through. I've had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I've been so blessed that I could never say, 'I wish this didn't happen.' It's part of who I am. There's nothing in my life that's so ugh.
You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.
Being an artist doesn't start because you're 21, and it doesn't end because you're 51. You are who you are until the day you die.
I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it's smart to listen to other people's advice, but at the end of the day, you're the only one who can tell you what's right for you.
I have the stardom glow.
Jennifer Lopez News
Donald Trump Is Mad — Or Maybe Just Jealous — That Beyoncé, Jay Z, And Jennifer Lopez Have Held Rallies With Hillary Clinton!
Facts about Jennifer Lopez
- 2013-2014 - Lopez returns to "American Idol" as a judge. May 13, 2015 - Lopez announces her 2016 Las Vegas show on "American Idol.
- July 13, 2012 - Announces that she won't return to "American Idol" as a judge.
- July 15, 2011 - Lopez and Anthony release joint statement announcing plans to end their seven-year marriage. April 9, 2012 - Marc Anthony files for divorce.
- September 22, 2010 - Fox officially announces that Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) and Randy Jackson will be judges for the upcoming season of "American Idol".
- February 25, 2009 - Files a lawsuit with husband, Marc Anthony, against Silver Cross (UK) Ltd., baby carriage makers, for their unauthorized use of Lopez and Anthony's image. June 22, 2009 - Lawsuit filed against Silver Cross (UK) Ltd. is settled out of court and the case is dismissed.
- November 6, 2009 - Lopez files a lawsuit against ex-husband Ojani Noa alleging that he is trying to publicize home videos of her.
- June 17, 2008 - Eight students of a Staten Island school for autistic children request her autograph after listening to and learning her music video "Let's Get Loud." In response, Lopez attends their graduation and performs the song for them.
- April 3, 2007 - Releases first Spanish language album, "Como Ama Una Mujer."
- April 10, 2006 - Lopez files a lawsuit against ex-husband Ojani Noa alleging that he violated a confidentiality agreement by distributing a manuscript of a tell all book to publishers, the syndicated television show "The Insider" reported. She is seeking a restraining order to keep the manuscript from becoming public. August 2007 - Wins breach-of-contract lawsuit against ex-husband, Noa, is awarded over $500,000.00.
- June 5, 2004 - Marries singer Marc Anthony in a ceremony at her home in Los Angeles.