Famous New York shock jock, television personality, and author who became known for discussing traditionally obscene subjects in a frank and unabashed way. His controversial style has resulted in him being cast as a shock jock.
He is the self-proclaimed King of All Media.
The movie Private Parts, which is about Howard Stern's life, was directed by Ivan Reitman.
He managed radio commercials in the advertising industry before getting his own gig.
He got married to Alison Stern on June 4, 1978. After their divorce in 2001, he married Beth Ostrosky on October 3, 2008. He has three daughters named Emily, Deborah and Ashley.
Howard Stern Quotes
I'm the voice of honesty.
Well, first of all, I'm worth every penny.
I've actually apologized to some people I was a real jerk to, because I feel ashamed. I didn't need to be that hungry. There was something going on inside me when I was angry and feeling very threatened and not feeling good about myself.
I believe I am doing the work for humanity. This show is so uplifting.
I'm sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.
Facts about Howard Stern
- Stern was a judge on America’s Got Talent in its seventh season. He replaced Piers Morgon and continued till the tenth season.
- In August 2013 he along with Simon Cowell was named on top of the Forbe’s list of America's highest paid television personality. They each earned $95 million between June 2012-13.
- In May 2013 he bought a home of 19000 sq feet in Palm beach, Florida for $52 million.
- Stern was inducted in to The National Radio Hall of Fame in 2012; although he had bad run in with the organisation.
- FCC has fined the owner’s of radio stations that carried The Howard Stern Show for having indecent contents. They were fined a total of $2.5 million.
- Stern started playing chess from an early age and played in Internet Chess Club. He has even taken lessons from the website’s founder Dan Heisman, a chess master. Stern achieved a rating of 1600.
- Stern started dating model and television host Beth Ostrosky in 2000 a year before his divorce. They married on October 3, 2008 in New York city which was officiated by Mark Consuelos.
- Stern met his wife Alison Berns at Boston University. They married on June 4, 1978 in Brookline, Massachusetts. They have three daughters Emily Beth, Debra Jenifer and Ashley Jade. Stern was so engrossed with his work that his marriage took a bad turn. He got separated from his wife and moved to his own apartment in Upper West side of Manhattan. They divorced in year 2001.
- He also released an album named “50 Ways to Rank Your Mother” which was re-released in November 1994 under the name “Unclean Beaver".
- In 1993 he wrote his first book “Private Parts” co-authored with Larry Sloman. It was released on October 7, 1993 and sold 225,000 copies within first hour of release. It stayed on top of New York Times Best Seller list for nearly 20 weeks.