She rose to fame as Storm in X-Men, and won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in Monster's Ball in 2002. In 2012, she starred in the science fiction film Cloud Atlas.
She was awarded a Razzie for Worst Actress for her acting in Catwoman, and played a Bond Girl in Die Another Day.
She and Billy Bob Thornton starred in Monster's Ball, a film about a prison guard and the wife of a prisoner on death row.
She worked as a model, and became the first runner-up in the 1986 Miss USA and the first African American Miss World entrant.
She gave birth to her daughter, Nahla Ariela Aubry, in March of 2008 with her then boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry. She was married to David Justice from 1993 to 1997 and Eric Benet from 2001 to 2005 and she married Olivier Martinez in 2013. She and Olivier had a son named Maceo.
The meaning of the name Berry:
Born NameMaria Halle Berry
EducationShe graduated from Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio.,Berry then went to Cuyahoga Community College in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
OccupationActress, former model
- Father – Jerome Jesse Berry (Hospital Attendant; later he became a bus driver)
- Mother – Judith Ann (née Hawkins) (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings – Heidi Berry-Henderson (Older Sister)
- Others – Nellie Dicken (Maternal Grandmother), Earl Ellsworth Hawkins (Maternal Grandfather)
ManagerShe is signed to Vincent Cirrincione Talent Management.
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Halle Berry dated –
- David Justice (1992-1997) – In April 1992, Halle started dating baseball player, David Justice. Soon on December 31, 1992, the duo married each other. They remained happily married for more than 3 years and separated in 1996. On June 24, 1997, their divorce was finalised.
- Shemar Moore (1997-1998) – She dated actor Shemar Moore for couple of months from 1997 to 1998.
- Eric Benét (1999-2005) – After separating from Moore, Halle commenced dating singer Eric Benét in 1999. On August 14, 1997, the duo engaged each other. The couple married on January 24, 2001. The marriage didn’t go far and they split in September 2003. The divorce was finalised on January 3, 2005.
- Fred Durst (2003) – She was RUMORed to had fling with musician Fred Durst in October 2003.
- Steve Jones (2003) – In November 2003, Berry was RUMORed to had an encounter with Welsh talk show host, Steve Jones.
- Michael Ealy (2004-2005) – From July 2004 to October 2005, she was romantically linked to another actor Michael Ealy.
- Gabriel Aubry (2005-2010) – This time, she started dating Canadian model, Gabriel Aubry in December 2005. However, they met a month before, in November 2005 during a Versace photoshoot. The couple separated in April 2010. During this time, Halle gave birth to the couple’s daughter Nahla Ariela (born – March 16, 2008).
- Olivier Martinez (2010-Present) – French actor, Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry became an item in August 2010. They met during the filming of “Dark Tide” in South Africa. In January 2012, the couple engaged each other. The very next year, on July 13, 2013, Olivier and Halle married in France. They have a son together, named Maceo-Robert (born – October 5, 2013).
Race / EthnicityMultiracial,She has English and German ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of African American descent on her father’s side.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Short hair
Brand EndorsementsShe has appeared in several television commercials –,M&Ms Candy (1999),Revlon (2001-2003),Pepsi-Cola Twist (2001-2002),TNN’s “James Bond for the 21st Century” (with Pierce Brosnan) (2002),Martin Luther King Memorial Project (2003),Deichmann, Germany (2012),She has also appeared in Revlon’s print ads for various products.,Other print ads include that of Versace (2006), and Army Air Force Exchange Service (2004).
ReligionIt seems that she does not practice any religion.
Best Known ForPlaying Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the superhero film Catwoman (2004), as Giacinta ‘Jinx’ Johnson in Die Another Day (2002), as Ororo Munroe / Storm in X-Men film series (2000, 2003, 2006, 2014), as Zola Taylor in Why Do Fools Fall in Love (1998).
First FilmBerry appeared in the 1991 drama film Jungle Fever for her role as Vivian.
First TV ShowIn 1989, Halle played the role as Emily Franklin in the situation comedy Living Dolls. She appeared in a total of 13 episodes.
- Food – Grilled tuna teamed with garlic mashed potatoes
- Actresses – Dorothy Dandridge, Jodie Foster, Whoopi Goldberg
- Source – IMDb, About
Halle Berry Quotes
I know that I will never find my father in any other man who comes into my life, because it is a void in my life that can only be filled by him.
Don't take yourself too seriously. Know when to laugh at yourself, and find a way to laugh at obstacles that inevitably present themselves.
I won't have a traditional marriage; I don't find the value in that anymore. But I am such a hopeless romantic and I really want love and I want a committed relationship, so I am going to reinvent marriage for myself.
My whole life I've had the fear that I was going to be abandoned.
The times may have changed, but the people are still the same. We're still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings.
Facts about Halle Berry
- She is frequently voted as one of Hollywood's best dressed stars.
- She has starred in six movies with Hugh Jackman: X-Men (2000), Swordfish (2001) X-Men 2(2003), X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), Movie 43 (2013), and X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
- She does not have a good relationship with her older sister Heidi Berry.
- She is one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People".
- In August 2013, Berry testified alongside Jennifer Garner before the Assembly Judiciary Committee in support of a bill that would protect celebrities' children from harassment by photographers. The bill passed in September.
- On July 13, 2013, a 46-year-old Berry and 47-year-old Martinez exchanged vows in an intimate ceremony at France's Chateau des Conde. That October, the couple welcomed their first child together, a baby boy.
- In April 2013, they announced that they were expecting their first child together. Their son, Maceo Robert Martinez, was born in October that year.
- In 2010, she began dating actor Olivier Martinez after they met while filming Dark Tide in South Africa. The couple got engaged in March 2012.
- Berry is one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood, earning as much as $14 million per film.
- Halle Berry wore a traditional Indian sari and pulled it off nicely, amidst playing six roles in her 2012 film Cloud Atlas based on David Mitchell's novel of the same name.