Aubrey Drake Graham, better known as Drake, is a Canadian multitalented rapper, songwriter, producer as well as an actor. However, he is best remembered as a famous rapper with such hit albums as Room for Improvement and Thank Me Later. The main music genres that he pursues is hip hop and R&B. During his 14 year career, Drake has won a lot of glorious awards and nominations. Most noticeably, he has won a Grammy Awards and 8 BET Awards.
Drake was born into a musically inclined family in Toronto. His father, Dennis Graham, is a drummer and his uncles, Larry Graham and Teenie Hodges are also musicians. At the age of 5, Drake lived with his mother after his parents’ divorce. They met with financial hardships which became worse when he decided to star on a television show with very little money paid. Despite those hardships, he was still determined to pursue his career as an actor and a rapper.
Besides his successful career, Drake continues attracting social media’s attention for his personal life. In 2015, Drake met a scandal when Rapper Lil Wayne publicly accused him of screwing his girlfriend.
The meaning of the name Drake:
Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.
The ideal girl is driven, working on something other than modeling or being a singer.
I don't really have a gimmick or a 'thing'. I'm one of the few artists who gets to be himself every day.
Me and my dad are friends. We're cool. I'll never be disappointed again, because I don't expect anything anymore from him. I just let him exist, and that's how we get along.
I wake up in the morning and my heart is light, man. It's not heavy. I don't have skeletons in the closet on their way out.
Facts about Drake
- Drake's net worth is $35 million.
- Drake is 6' 0" (1.83 m) tall.
- He released a new single, "Started from the Bottom", in early 2013. The song, from his critically-acclaimed 2013 album Nothing was the Same, reflects his personal struggle for fame and success. "I just wanted to make it known that I did work really hard to get here and it wasn't just a fluke and it wasn't easy by any means", he explained to MTV News.
- Drake made his Saturday Night Live hosting debut on January 19, 2014; also serving as the musical guest. The episode received acclaim from critics who praised Drake's acting ability and comedic timing.
- His idols are are Pharell Williams and Denzel Washington. Drake's favorite fast food place is McDonalds. Drake prefers Mac over PC.
- He's planning on launching a clothing line called A&S.
- Drake's "Best I Ever Had" video was directed by Kanye West.
- Drake almost played a show with Hanson, but the crowd for the free performance at New York's South Street Seaport was so large that a riot broke out, and it had to be canceled.
- His favorite music group is N.E.R.D.
- Drake has 10 #1 singles on the Billboard Rap Chart, tying him with Diddy!