Facts about Donald Trump
- October 9, 2016 - During the second presidential debate, CNN's Anderson Cooper asks Trump about his descriptions of groping and kissing women without their consent in the "Access Hollywood" footage. Trump denies that he has ever engaged in such behavior and declares the comments were "locker room talk." After the debate, nine women step forward to claim that they were sexually harassed or sexually assaulted by the real estate developer. Trump says the stories aren't true.
- July 16, 2016 - Trump formally unveils Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his running mate.
- March 2016 - Along with thirteen others, is ranked number 324 on Forbes' list of the the world's billionaires with a net worth of $4.5 billion.
- December 7, 2015 - Trump's campaign puts out a press release calling for a "complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
- September 11, 2015 - Trump announces on social media he has purchased NBC's half of the Miss Universe Organization, which organizes the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants
- August 6, 2015 - During the first 2016 Republican debate, Trump is questioned about a third party candidacy, his attitude towards women and his history of donating money to Democratic politicians. He tells moderator Megyn Kelly of Fox News that he feels he is being mistreated, declaring "I've been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn't do that." After the debate, a series of late-night Tweets are posted on Trump's Twitter page, criticizing Kelly and Fox News
- July 22, 2015 - Donald Trump's financial disclosure report is made public by the Federal Election Commission.
- July 15, 2015 - Trump's campaign reports that the Republican presidential candidate's net worth is "in excess of ten billion dollars" and his personal finance disclosure has been submitted to the Federal Election Commission.
- July 8, 2015 - In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, Trump says he "can't guarantee" all of the workers he employs have legal status in the United States. This is a response to questions about a recent Washington Post report that said there are undocumented immigrants working at the Old Post Office Pavilion construction site in Washington, which Trump is converting into a luxury hotel.
- June 29, 2015 - NBC says it is cutting its business ties to Trump and won't air the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants because of "derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants." This comes two weeks after comments Trump made about Mexican immigrants during his presidential campaign announcement.
- June 28, 2015 - Trump says he's giving up the TV show "The Apprentice" to run for president.
- June 16, 2015 - Trump announces that he is running for president during a speech from Trump Tower in New York.
- March 15, 2013 - Makes a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), calling the country a "a total and complete mess."
- May 16, 2011 - Announces he will not run for president.
- February 17, 2009 - Trump Entertainment Resorts files for bankruptcy. The Trump Organization owns 28% of Trump Entertainment Resorts.
- February 13, 2009 - Announces he is resigning from his position as chairman of Trump Entertainment Resorts.
- January 2008 - "The Apprentice" returns, re-branded as "Celebrity Apprentice."
- January 16, 2007 - Trump receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- November 21, 2004 - Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts Inc. files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- January 2004 - "The Apprentice," with Trump acting as host, premieres on NBC.
Donald Trump News
Donald Trump’s chances of becoming president increasing as betting markets and forecasts look gloomy for Clinton