Facts about Cristiano Ronaldo
- Cristiano Ronaldo's net worth is $250 million.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is widely regarded as one of the two best players in the world within his generation (the other being Lionel Messi), Cristiano Ronaldo plays an attacking role, most often playing as either a striker or as a winger, and is known for his finishing, pace, dribbling, positioning, crossing and free kick ability. If any club wants Cristiano Ronaldo to play for them, they would have to pay $1 billion.
- In addition to his FIFA World Player of the year award, Ronaldo has also won the coveted Ballon d'OR, the Golden Boot, and been named the UEFA Club Forward of the Year, among other honors during the course of his career.
- He earns a lot of this from product endorsements and sponsorships. Some of the products that is a spokesmodel for include Emporio Armani men's underwear and jeans, and Nike. He has also signed other sponsorships from Coca-Cola, Castrol, Konami, Banco Espirito Santo, Motorola, Jacob & Co., Herbalife, KFC, Tag Heuer and Fly Emirates.
- In May 2014, Forbes ranked Ronaldo first in their list of the world's highest paid players, with earnings of $73 million in combined income from salaries, bonuses and off-field earnings for the previous 12 months.
- In October 2005, a month after his father died, Ronaldo was arrested on suspicion of raping a woman in a London hotel and released on bail. Ronaldo denied the allegations and charges were dropped by Scotland Yard in November 2005 due to "insufficient evidence". Ronaldo issued a statement saying: "I have always strongly maintained my innocence of any wrong-doing and I am glad that this matter is at an end so that I can concentrate on playing for Manchester United.
- Ronaldo's father, Jose Dinis Aveiro, passed away at the age of 52 due to alcoholism. As a result, Ronaldo does not drink alcohol because drinking it reminds him of the death of his father. Ronaldo would offer ask him to go to rehab and address his alcohol addiction, but he always refused. Ronaldo also does not smoke nor does he have any tattoos on his body which he chose not to get any because he regularly donates blood.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has said he thinks Ronaldo is one of the fittest athletes in the world.
- He is 6' 1" (1.85 m) tall. Ronaldo weighs an average of 176 lbs (80 kg).
- Ronaldo will sprint 900 times more in a season than an Olympic sprinter. Cristiano Ronaldo's body fat is about 10 percent which makes him the perfect machine for fast sprinting and athletic courses. Ronaldo lifts around 23,055 kg of weight during a training session, which is a total of 16 Toyota Prius cars. The guy just continues to amaze us. His free kick speed is about 13.1 kmph, which is compared roughly with the speed of a space shuttle while launching.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is fast, really fast. He recently defeated a Spanish sprinter Angel David Rodriguez in the zigzag spring challenge by half a minute while he narrowly lost against professional sprinter in straight line. When Ronaldo jumps, he generates 5G of G-force on take-off - this is five times the power of a cheetah in full flight. This enables him to reach heights of 44cm in the air from a standing start and 78cm with a run-up - 7cm more than the average NBA player.
- Despite being a great player, there are many people who don't like him for his personality as he can appear a bit arrogant at times. In 2011, the legions of fans who dislike Ronaldo were justified when Ronaldo publicly proclaimed that people didn't like him because he was too rich, handsome, and talented.
- He is also philanthropic at heart. In November 2012, Ronaldo sold the golden boot he had won in 2011 for €1.5 million and gave the money to fund schools for children in Gaza. In December 2012, Ronaldo joined FIFA's '11 for Health' programme to raise awareness amongst kids of how to steer clear of conditions including drug addiction, HIV, malaria and obesity.
- In July 2012, computer security company McAfee produced a report ranking footballers by the probability of an internet search for their name leading to an unsafe website. Ronaldo's name led the list.
- In December 2011, Cristiano launched an iPhone game called Heads Up with Cristiano. The game is created by developer RockLive.
- There is a museum named Museu CR7 in his hometown Funchal, Portugal, dedicated to him which contains his trophies, rare photographs, medals and lots more related to the player.
- Ronaldo's autobiography, titled Moments, was published in December 2007.
- He is a devout Roman Catholic.
- Ronaldo has previously dated English models Alice Goodwin and Gemma Atkinson, and since the start of 2010, he has been dating Russian model Irina Shayk.
- In June 2010, during the build-up to the World Cup, Ronaldo became the fourth footballer - after Steven Gerrard, Pelé and David Beckham - to be represented as a waxwork at Madame Tussauds London.
Cristiano Ronaldo News
Cristiano Ronaldo shares leg workout and James Rodriguez posts gym snap on Instagram as Real Madrid stars gear up to face Sporting Gijon