Cristiano Ronaldo (often called CR7) has been coming under spotlight for having established records in the world of soccer, shooting to fame as not only captain of the Portuguese national team in 2008 but a forward for Real Madrid. Being one of the top professional footballers, he began with a memorable debut for MU against Bolton Wanderers, scoring the team’s first 3 goals and made them the championship, which impressed the traditional harsh English media. There is no doubt that Ronaldo’s amazing running speed of an average of 33.6 km/h made him the top 5 fastest footballer on the planet. Often ranked as the greatest player of all time, CR7 become the first Portuguese footballer to win the Ballon d'Or as the European Footballer of the Year and FIFA World player in Europe in 2008, 2013, and 2014.
He was born in a humble family with his mother Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro as a cooker and his father José Dinis Aveiroas as a municipal gardener, in Funchal, a small island off the western coast of Portugal, which partly made CR7 manage to deal so well with spotlights and the fame he has today. Since he was a kid, he was so interested in playing football and even dropped out of school for it. At the age of 8, Cristiano Ronaldo first steps in football career were made in his hometown club known as Andorinha through his father’s work. Then CR7’s talent and legend were discovered and grew substantially. One year later, he signed to join Sporting Lisbon in 1996, when he immediately caught attention from everyone for his impressive and outstanding performance.
Ronaldo previously had close relationships with English models Alice Goodwin and Gemma Atkinson, especially he began dating Russian model Irina Shayk, first met through their Armani Exchange campaigns since 2010, and then they have split after 5 years of dating. He became a father to Cristiano Jr. in July 2010, whose mother is said to be Dolores Aveiro.
The meaning of the name Ronaldo:
Born NameCristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
Nick NameCR7, Cris, Ron, Ronnie, The Sultan Of The Stepover,
EducationFamous soccer player, Ronaldo is uneducated. He was expelled from school for throwing a chair on the teacher. He was not good among the teachers, but with the students. After receiving suspension from school, his mother decided that Cristiano should focus entirely on football.
- Father – José Dinis Aveiro (Municipal Gardener)
- Mother – Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro (Cook)
- Siblings – Hugo Aveiro (Older Brother), Elma Aveiro (Older Sister), Liliana Cátia Aveiro (Older Sister)
- Others – Isabel da Piedade (Great Grandmother)
ManagerJorge Mendes is his manager.
Race / EthnicityMultiracial,He has Portuguese and Cape Verdean ancestry.
- Fast, quick, strong, and mesmeric dribbler
- Much known for his fancy flicks and stepovers
Brand EndorsementsRonaldo has endorsed various brands like Nike (2005), Extra Joss (2005), Suzuki (2005), Coca Cola (2006), Fifa Street (2006), Fuji Xerox (2006), Castrol, Watch brand Jacob & Co (2013), Emporio Armani, KFC Arabia (2013), etc.
Best Known ForPlaying football from Real Madrid club and being one of the most richest football players.
First FilmHe has guest appeared in 2013 football movie, Golden Shoes.
Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes
Without football, my life is worth nothing.
The high point of my career was winning the Champions League. No one will ever erase that from my memory, in the same way that no one will ever erase the fact that I did it in a Manchester United shirt.
I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don't believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of.
I'm living a dream I never want to wake up from.
In football, I don't have a lot of friends. The people who I really trust, there are not many... Most of the time, I'm alone.
Cristiano Ronaldo News
Cristiano Ronaldo shares leg workout and James Rodriguez posts gym snap on Instagram as Real Madrid stars gear up to face Sporting Gijon
Facts about Cristiano Ronaldo
- Cristiano Ronaldo's net worth is $250 million.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is widely regarded as one of the two best players in the world within his generation (the other being Lionel Messi), Cristiano Ronaldo plays an attacking role, most often playing as either a striker or as a winger, and is known for his finishing, pace, dribbling, positioning, crossing and free kick ability. If any club wants Cristiano Ronaldo to play for them, they would have to pay $1 billion.
- In addition to his FIFA World Player of the year award, Ronaldo has also won the coveted Ballon d'OR, the Golden Boot, and been named the UEFA Club Forward of the Year, among other honors during the course of his career.
- He earns a lot of this from product endorsements and sponsorships. Some of the products that is a spokesmodel for include Emporio Armani men's underwear and jeans, and Nike. He has also signed other sponsorships from Coca-Cola, Castrol, Konami, Banco Espirito Santo, Motorola, Jacob & Co., Herbalife, KFC, Tag Heuer and Fly Emirates.
- In May 2014, Forbes ranked Ronaldo first in their list of the world's highest paid players, with earnings of $73 million in combined income from salaries, bonuses and off-field earnings for the previous 12 months.
- In October 2005, a month after his father died, Ronaldo was arrested on suspicion of raping a woman in a London hotel and released on bail. Ronaldo denied the allegations and charges were dropped by Scotland Yard in November 2005 due to "insufficient evidence". Ronaldo issued a statement saying: "I have always strongly maintained my innocence of any wrong-doing and I am glad that this matter is at an end so that I can concentrate on playing for Manchester United.
- Ronaldo's father, Jose Dinis Aveiro, passed away at the age of 52 due to alcoholism. As a result, Ronaldo does not drink alcohol because drinking it reminds him of the death of his father. Ronaldo would offer ask him to go to rehab and address his alcohol addiction, but he always refused. Ronaldo also does not smoke nor does he have any tattoos on his body which he chose not to get any because he regularly donates blood.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has said he thinks Ronaldo is one of the fittest athletes in the world.
- He is 6' 1" (1.85 m) tall. Ronaldo weighs an average of 176 lbs (80 kg).
- Ronaldo will sprint 900 times more in a season than an Olympic sprinter. Cristiano Ronaldo's body fat is about 10 percent which makes him the perfect machine for fast sprinting and athletic courses. Ronaldo lifts around 23,055 kg of weight during a training session, which is a total of 16 Toyota Prius cars. The guy just continues to amaze us. His free kick speed is about 13.1 kmph, which is compared roughly with the speed of a space shuttle while launching.
Messi and Ronaldo are the world's greatest footballers, but who's the best? Compare goals, assists and honours for Cristiano ...
1 answers |Open