Facts about Britney Spears
- November 5, 2014 - Clark County, Nevada, proclaims November 5th as "Britney Day" on the Las Vegas Strip.
- September 2014 - Spears releases her own lingerie line,"Intimate Britney Spears."
- September 17, 2013 - Spears announces that she will do a two-year residency at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas with a show titled "Britney: Piece of Me." The show begins its run December 27.
- January 11, 2013 - Announces that she will not be returning as a judge to "The X Factor."
- May 15, 2012 - "The X Factor USA" announces that Spears, along with Demi Lovato, will join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid on "The X Factor" judging panel.
- February 3, 2009 - Sam Lutfi, Spears' former manager, sues Spears and her parents for defamation and breach of contract in Los Angeles Superior Court. November 1, 2012 - A Los Angeles Superior Court judge dismisses a defamation and breach of contract lawsuit against Spears and her parents brought by Sam Lutfi, Spears' former manager.
- March 30, 2011 - A $10 million lawsuit is filed by Brand Sense Partners against Spears and her father for breach of contract relating to a perfume deal between Spears and the Elizabeth Arden company. February 2012 - Spears settles out of court the lawsuit filed by Brand Sense Partners for breach of contract.
- March 29, 2011 - New album, "Femme Fatale," is released.
- January 11, 2011 - Spears' single, "Hold It Against Me," is released and debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- September 8, 2010 - Is accused of sexual harassment and sued by her former bodyguard, Fernando Flores. March 2012 - Spears settles out of court the sexual harassment suit filed by former bodyguard Fernando Flores.
- August 2008 - Becoming Britney, a musical based on the life of Britney Spears, debuts at the New York International Fringe Festival.
- October 1, 2007 - Temporarily loses physical custody of her children after failing to attend court hearings. January 3, 2008 - Spears is hospitalized over issues involving the custody of her children. Kevin Federline, her ex-husband, is awarded sole custody on January 4, 2008. February 1, 2008 - A Los Angeles court grants temporary conservatorship to Britney Spears' father, Jamie Spears, after Spears is taken to a hospital and deemed unable to take care of herself. July 18, 2008 - In a custody agreement, Spears gives Kevin Federline sole custody of the children, but retains visitation rights.
- February 13, 2005 - Wins a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for "Toxic."
- November 17, 2003 - Receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2002 - Is named Hollywood's Most Powerful Celebrity by Forbes magazine.
- In 1997 - Signs a contract with Jive Records at age 15.
- In 1993-1994 - Cast member on "The Mickey Mouse Club."
- Britney Spear’s middle name is Jean. She was born December 2nd, 1981 in McComb, Mississippi. She was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana. She has two siblings, Bryan James and Jamie Lynn.
Britney Spears News
Britney Spears & Her Backup Dancers NAIL The Mannequin Challenge While Celebrating A Big Win — Watch!