Facts about Beyonce
- She owns a condominium in Miami, and a house in London, England. Her net worth is around $300 million and Jay Z is worth $500 million.
- She made Grammy history in January 2010 when she became the first female artist to win six Grammy's in one evening.
- She became the first non-supermodel or non-athlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 2007. In 2007, she became the first female artist to be awarded the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards.
- She plays the voice of Queen Tara in the new animated film Epic. She starred in MTV's Carmen: A Hip Hopera - based on the French opera Carmen.
- Beyonce released her new self-titled "visual" album in December which created a social media frenzy as well as impressive instantaneous sales. The visual album became the year's top-selling female debut only 27 hours after its surprise launch, and without any pre-release promotion.
- In September 2010 she was named The World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine.
- Following the success of the Spanish version of her hit song Irreplaceable, Beyoncé decided to release a Spanish version of her album "B'Day," even collaborating with Shakira on her song Beautiful Liar.
- Some of her nicknames include Bey, B, Queen B and Princess of Pop.
- She's also signed multi-million dollar endorsement deals with Pepsi, American Express, and L'Oreal.
- She established the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the nonprofit Phoenix House in Brooklyn, N.Y. Beyoncé has several side businesses. She founded the House of Deréon clothing line with her mother and the name comes from her grandmother's name - Agnes Dereon. She has also launched several fragrance lines including: Heat and Pulse.
- Beyoncé served as ambassador for the 2012 World Humanitarian Day.
- Two days later Blue became the youngest person to land on the Billboard charts, as her cries were recorded on the Jay-Z track "Glory."
- The couple's first daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was born on Jan. 7, 2012.
- Beyoncé's pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second.
- In 2010, Guinness World Records named them the Highest Earning Power Couple, after earning $122 million that year.
- She married rapper, Jay-Z, on April 4, 2008.
- Her mother is a hairstylist and a costume designer named as Tina Beyonce. Her father is a record manager named as Mathew Knowles
- Her debut album Dangerously in Love, earned her five Grammys.
- She has worked with several other charities including Chime for Change, Girl Up, Elevate Network, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Girls Inc. of Greater Houston, and I Was Here.
- She is a generous person. Beyoncé joined former Destiny's Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, to create the Survivor Foundation, which provides relief to victims of natural disasters. Also built the Knowles Temenos Place Apartments in the greater Houston area.
Beyonce reunites with Destiny's Child ladies for #MannequinChallenge just days after reunion rumours
When are the MTV Europe Music Awards on? Full 2016 nominations list as Beyonce and Justin Bieber lead the way
Beyonce and Taylor Swift help Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks celebrate their wins at the 50th Country Music Awards