Beyoncé ( Beyonce Knowles ) is singer, songwriter and actress form Texas. She is known as the lead singer of the R&B girl group Destiny's Child who also became a widely successful solo artist. She has won a total of 20 Grammy Awards for songs.
Beyoncé attended St. Mary's Montessori School in Houston, where she enrolled in dance classes. She won her first school talent show at age seven, singing John Lennon's "Imagine" to beat 15/16-year-olds.
On April 4, 2008, Beyoncé and Jay Z married without publicity. They had a daughter named Blue Ivy in 2012. She also has a sister named Solange and a half-brother named Nixon.
American Music Awards
- 2007: International Artist Award
- 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014: Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist
- 2014: Favorite Soul/R&B Album
- 2001: Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, Best R&B Song
- 2002: Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
- 2004: Best Contemporary R&B Album
Billboard Music Awards
- 2003: New Female Artist, Hot 100 Female Artist, Hot 100 Award for Most Weeks at No.1, New R&B Artist
- 2009: Female Artist of the Decade, Billboard Woman of the Year Award
- 2011: Billboard Millennnium Award
- 2012: Top R&B Album
Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards
- 2004: Top R&B/Hip-Hop New Artist, Top Female R&B/Hip-Hop Artist
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
Sasha Fierce, Be, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Queen B, Bee, Mothe, JuJu, Queen Bey
Attended St. Mary’s Elementary School to get education in Texas. She also learned dancing there. During 1990, she enrolled herself in Parker Elementary School, which is a music magnet school in Houston. She also went High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and later Alief Elsik High School.
Singer-Songwriter, actress, dancer, record producer
- Father – Mathew Knowles (Medical-Equipment Salesman at Xerox)
- Mother – Celestine “Tina” Knowles (Hairdresser and Salon Owner)
- Siblings – Solange Knowles (Younger Sister) (Singer-songwriter, Actress), Bianca Knowles (Sister), Nixon Knowles (Brother)
- Others – Daniel Julez Smith Jr (Nephew), Blue Ivy Carter (Daughter)
Her father, Mathew Knowles was her manager from 1989 to 2011.
Now, she is her own manager.
R&B, pop, hip hop, soul
Columbia Records, Parkwood Entertainment
Boyfriend / Spouse
Knowles dated –
- Lyndell Locke (1993-2000) – Lyndell Locke dated Beyonce from 1993 until 2000.
- Jay-Z (2002-Present) – Beyonce after, many years of dating with American rapper, Shawn Corey Carter (better known by the stage name – Jay-Z) married him. They first met when they were on a tour with each other in 2002 and soon they started dating. The duo, then engaged in May 2005 and married on April 4, 2008 secretly in NYC. The couple has a daughter – Blue Ivy Carter (b. January 7, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Louisiana Creole descent (Native American, African, and French) with distant Spanish and Irish roots on her mother’s side.
- Curvaceous figure
L’Oreal cosmetics, Pepsi (2012)
She has been seen in TV commercials for –
- Tommy Hilfiger’s True Star fragrance (2004)
- McDonald’s (2005)
- Wal-Mart (2005)
- Samsung Phones (2007)
- Emporio Armani Diamonds perfume (2007)
- Studio Line hair products (2008)
- L’Oreal Paris beauty products
- H&M (2013), etc.
Best Known For
Her songs, and albums Dangerously in Love (2003), B’Day (2006), I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008), 4 (2011).
Released in 2003, Dangerously in Love, is the debut studio album by Beyonce. It was released by Columbia Records. The album is pretty large with 60:52 minutes in length with a total of 15 singles.
2001 musical film Carmen: A Hip Hopera for her role as a seductive actress, Carmen Brown. She debuted with this movie in acting and that too with a lead role.
First TV Show
In 1997, she appeared on the TV show MuchOnDemand as herself (guest). The TV series broadcasted on television from 1997 until 2010.
Beyonce’s theory to staying fit is practical. She says that there is no quick fix and she believes that it takes more of a mental strength than physical strength. And personal trainer does not matter at all as it is us ultimately, who need to work on the body. Though, she still takes the help from celebrity trainer, Marco Borges. She works out in the form of interval training, lunges, squats, planks, etc. She has a do-anywhere 5-minute workout, which she executes regularly to stay fit and remain in shape. She is also a follower of Master Cleanse diet but does not recommend it much as there are other healthier ways to lose weight.
- Food – Creole Food, Popeyes, Honey Nut Cheerios
- Fashion Idol – Célestine ‘Tina’ Beyincé (mother), Diana Ross, Tina Turner
- Color – Pink
- Place – 40/40 Club
- Rapper – Wyclef Jean
I think it's healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care - that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into the show.
I know I'm stronger in the songs than I really am. Sometimes I need to hear it myself. We all need to hear those empowering songs to remind us.
For me, it's about the way I carry myself and the way I treat other people. My relationship and how I feel about God and what He does for me, is something deeply personal. It's where I came from, my family, I was brought up in a religious household and that's very important to me.
I'm a people pleaser. I hold a lot of things in. I'm always making sure everybody is okay. I usually don't rage; I usually don't curse.
Tina Turner is someone that I admire, because she made her strength feminine and sexy.
Beyonce reunites with Destiny's Child ladies for #MannequinChallenge just days after reunion rumours
Facts about Beyonce
- She owns a condominium in Miami, and a house in London, England. Her net worth is around $300 million and Jay Z is worth $500 million.
- She made Grammy history in January 2010 when she became the first female artist to win six Grammy's in one evening.
- She became the first non-supermodel or non-athlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 2007. In 2007, she became the first female artist to be awarded the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards.
- She plays the voice of Queen Tara in the new animated film Epic. She starred in MTV's Carmen: A Hip Hopera - based on the French opera Carmen.
- Beyonce released her new self-titled "visual" album in December which created a social media frenzy as well as impressive instantaneous sales. The visual album became the year's top-selling female debut only 27 hours after its surprise launch, and without any pre-release promotion.
- In September 2010 she was named The World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine.
- Following the success of the Spanish version of her hit song Irreplaceable, Beyoncé decided to release a Spanish version of her album "B'Day," even collaborating with Shakira on her song Beautiful Liar.
- Some of her nicknames include Bey, B, Queen B and Princess of Pop.
- She's also signed multi-million dollar endorsement deals with Pepsi, American Express, and L'Oreal.
- She established the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the nonprofit Phoenix House in Brooklyn, N.Y. Beyoncé has several side businesses. She founded the House of Deréon clothing line with her mother and the name comes from her grandmother's name - Agnes Dereon. She has also launched several fragrance lines including: Heat and Pulse.